Staff Engineer - Cloud Services
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Are you excited to shape a new area for Dolby and be at the forefront of technology hitting customers' hands? We're looking for people to help us forge a new direction for our products & technology.
For this position, we invite applications from outstanding candidates for the role of Senior Full-Stack Cloud Services Engineer to work on a new, high-visibility program in the Office of the CTO, developing reliable, scalable and secure web-services using AWS and other cloud infrastructure.
The Office of the CTO is spearheading a new, cloud-based strategy for bringing Dolby's existing and upcoming state-of-the-art technologies to customers.
This is a senior technical contributor and developer role which requires deep knowledge of web-services development, architecture, infrastructure, security, and continuous integration & deployment. You will be working with talented engineers ona genuinegreenfields opportunity, bringing Dolby's cutting-edge audio and video technologies to the world via Web APIs, while continually growing your skills as an engineer.
If you are an expert at designing, developing and deploying web services, and like to be challenged, this is the perfect opportunity for you to help define this exciting new field for Dolby.
Key requirements & attributes for successful applicants include:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable field.
- Professional experience designing, developing & deploying commercial, scalable and secure web services.
- Professional experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform.
- Programming experience in Node.js and/or Python.
- Experience with media-based services(audio/video media ingest and distribution) is desirable
- Ability to understand and contribute to full-stack product needs and requirements
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications
Back to top