Staff Engineer, CE Technology
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, people inspired by the rapidly expanding world of Enhanced Consumer Devices. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
This position provides the opportunity to build the most advanced technologies. You will work with leading scientists and apply the most advanced theory to practice. The position focuses on implementing different kinds of Dolby technologies into Windows ecosystem. As a part of an international team, the software engineer will work closely with other Dolby colleagues in US, Germany, Australia and Poland. It requires collaborative interactions with different functional divisions within the company.
- Integrate Dolby audio technologies into Windows related platforms
- Work with partners to integrate Dolby audio technologies into DSP enabled platforms
- Work with product managers and hardware acoustic engineers to innovate on audio or acoustic technologies
- Support hardware acoustic team and FAE team to solve software issues on consumer devices like PC
- Configure Dolby audio technology based on hardware design to maximize audio performance
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, EE or Acoustics
- 5+ years Windows platform software development experience with solid understanding of Windows audio architecture.
- 3+ years' experience in audio/speech/sound processing or speaker, micro-phone or other acoustic product
- Experience of COM, .Net framework, and/or Windows application development like UWP app, and/or Windows driver development
- Highly skilled in C/C++/C# programming language
- Experience of smart amplifier or DSP platform like Intel Open FDK is a strong plus
- Good understanding of software development process
- Experience with loudspeaker test equipment such as Klippel, Sound Check, Audio Precision etc., is a plus
- Independent, self-motivated person requiring minimal supervision
- Fluent English communication in reading, writing and speaking
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top