Staff Engineer, CE Tech. QA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Staff Software Test Engineer in the Dolby QA group, the qualified candidate will test software that enables the next generation of Dolby technologies. You will create the design of QA test environments as well as the design and execution of all tests needed.
- Conduct early project scoping including collaboration with research, marketing, and development teams, review of proposed technologies, development of test strategies, and contribution of proposals for testability.
- Work independently for project planning, resource estimation, task split, test progress tracking, and coach and develop junior engineers.
- Do test planning including test design, test coverage, test approach, resource requirements, budget requirements, scheduling, risk assessment, and report metrics.
- Design and implement test methods needed on assigned projects.
- Design, set up, configure and maintain software testing labs and environments.
- Utilize and adapt existing test automation tools.
- Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
- Anticipate and mitigate test and project issues.
- Serve as a member of project core teams.
- Stay abreast of industry software testing tools and best practices and make significant contributions to the development and deployment of new test technologies, tools or methods.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software testing, including designing and implementing complex test plans and test cases.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with current software testing industry tools and best practices.
- Demonstrated skills in multiple test design techniques.
- Professional experience programming in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Batch, and/or Bash.
- Familiarity with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or ClearQuest.
- Proven experience testing in multiple software environments like Windows, Linux, Android, etc.
- Experience in testing Windows OS and understanding of the architecture.
- Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience testing Dolby or similar products in the audio domain is a significant plus.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top