Staff Engineer, Audio Standardization
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Senior Engineer, Audio Standardization
Making experiences come alive through technology is what we do. It’s been our mission since day one. Dolby is a leading global innovator and developer of audio, imaging and voice technologies for cinema, home theaters, PCs, mobile phones, and games. Our products include Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD, Dolby Voice, Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision. Today, over 1,900 individuals around the globe share their talents and energy to enable the most immersive experiences that technology can deliver.
As leader of audio innovation, Dolby is involved in many standardization activities, such as ETSI, MPEG, and 3GPP to name a few. Based in Nuremberg, Germany, you will be part of those efforts and you will create and maintain technologies in those standards. This will enable you to engage with other industry-experts on the matter of audio coding and everything that is related to it, which includes the whole range from research of the underlying theoretical concepts over the development of prototypes and documentation to the presentation and maintenance of those ideas in relevant standardization bodies. To be successful in this position, applicants need to be able to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities at the same time and keep a good overall view on interactions, requirements and interdependencies between products and standards. You will:
- Cooperate with internal and external Development and Standardization Teams worldwide
- Develop solutions for unresolved issues in next-generation audio experiences
- Support and Maintain existing technologies in relevant standards, design and create conformance tests
- Write comprehensive documentation as input for our standardization work and for internal use
- Support business units in related standardization efforts
Knowledge & Skills
- You should be a highly talented individual keen on applying your skills and a fundamental understanding of the way that sound sources are captured, coded, enhanced, and played back using digital signal processing techniques.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- MS in Electrical Engineering, or similar, ideally with a focus on digital signal processing
- Deep understanding of next generation audio codecs, such as Dolby AC-4 or MPEG-H 3D Audio
- Experienced in audio standardization work, such as MPEG or 3GPP
- Skilled in general programming in C/C++, Python, etc. for digital signal processing
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Good presentation skills of technical ideas/solutions
- Linux/Windows command line basics
- Profound English communication skills (German skills are desirable, but not required)
- Knowledge of Software-testing basics is a plus
- Independent, self-motivated, proactive and positive, focused on possibilities and solutions
Back to top