Staff Engineer - Advanced Media Systems
- Sydney, Australia
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Advanced Media Systems group focused on drastically improving video streaming technology. The role combines cutting-edge research and in-depth software engineering, allowing you to work environment of real innovation and solving complex software problems. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in a dynamic and supportive team, working across mobile app development, server-side APIs, and cloud media delivery infrastructure.
- Develop and deliver video playback and streaming applications
- Contribute to high quality client and server architecture
- Apply software engineering design patterns to develop well-structured, performant code
- Analyse and model media delivery engineering problems
- Collaborate as a member of a project scrum team and follow industry best practice software development processes
- Efficiently handle ambiguity and multiple competing priorities
- 2-5 years commercial experience developing either client or server systems
- Experience developing with one or more of Java, Python, Go, Kotlin or C++
- Experience building and using REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Object-oriented design skills
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or comparable field
- Experience with digital media delivery techniques
- Experience with automation frameworks and/or scripting
- Experience with AWS & Docker
- Understanding of networking principles
- Writing & interfacing with native libraries (C/C++)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top