Staff Engineer - Acoustics
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
In this position, you will be part of a diverse engineering team working with external customers, Dolby partners, and other internal Dolby teams to bring new audio experiences to new devices.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Acoustics Engineer to work in an innovative environment designing and developing audio loudspeakers and integrated systems in consumer products. The successful applicant will be working with product management, engineering teams and manufacturing partners to bring world-class audio products from concept to market.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work withexternal customers, Dolby partners, and other internal Dolby teams to bring new audio experiences to new devices
- Act as a technical leader who understands the entire audio subsystem of consumer products and contributes innovative solutions to problems in this area.
- Familiarity with all transducer form factors including micro-speakers and headphones.
- Integrate experience and deep technical knowledge
- Research and develop new concepts in transducer and enclosure design for all transducer form factors including micro-speakers and headphones.
- Build and evaluate prototypes to demonstrate acoustic designs
- Perform competitive product analysis and benchmarking
- Influence business strategy in the area of loudspeaker design and acoustics.
- Synthesize business needs into engineering requirements at both a project and initiative level.
- Write and maintain detailed technical documentation to ensure longevity of design.
- Stay abreast of industry trends in transducer design and modeling.
- Design and conduct subjective tests to verify the performance of audio systems.
- Educate and mentor team members in the field of transducer design and modeling.
- Bachelor degree or higher in acoustics or electrical/electronic engineering
- 10+ years' experience in the design and development of loudspeaker systems in the consumer market.
- Experience designing and modeling transducers and enclosures
- Proficiency using loudspeaker design tool such as LEAP, LspCAD, FINEMotor , FEMM, etc.
- Experience with loudspeaker test equipment such as Klippel, Audio Precision, Clio, Listen, etc.
- Proficiency using 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks
- Experience with computational acoustic simulations (FEM, BM)
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Problem solving and debugging skills.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top