Staff, Electrical Design Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
- Passion for technology and how it will shape the next wave of entertainment experiences
- Global high tech company located in the heart of San Francisco
- Fast paced team leading a high impact strategic initiative beyond the core business
If these resonate with you keep on reading
At Dolby, we are creating spectacular user experiences at the intersection of science and art. Located in our brand new campus in the heart of San Francisco you will work with world class innovators in a dynamic environment featuring top-tier laboratories and the latest equipment to advance the science of sight and sound. We are looking for a leader who wants to work on high impact strategic programs and thrives in a start-up like environment. We are rapidly growing our team and moving to bring amazing experiences to the home.
As a Staff Electrical Design Engineer in a fast paced team you will have technical responsibility for a high impact strategic initiative beyond the core business. In this role you will be responsible to develop hardware that enables the next generation of immersive entertainment experiences. The candidate for this position will be part of an engineering team based in San Francisco. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology and possesses an innate understanding of the principles underpinning good hardware design and employing these principles through the design process.
- Hands on HW development of next generation Dolby experiences and ownership of overall EE architecture
- Lead the HW design, implementation and validation of video/wireless products with various subsystems involving multimedia SoCs
- Own EE EVT/DVT – while working closely with validation teams both internal and external to qualify design
- Drive and provide guidance to other EE members for technical work planning and execution
- Apply specialized system knowledge to research, explore & recommend new/emerging embedded HW technologies for inclusion in future projects
- Actively influences product roadmap decisions based on industry knowledge
To be Successful
To be successful in this role you will need skills in designing for high volume consumer electronics hardware with deep experience in the design of digital and analog HW subsystems. In this lead role your ability to effectively represent the technical hardware development team with excellent communication skills will be important.
- BSEE, (MSEE preferred) with related experience.
- Proven lead design experience implementing HDMI, memory, power and bus subsystems within a complex multimedia SoC framework.
- Interest and experience working with key electrical component vendors to develop solutions for new products.
- Experience with chip and board bring-up at prototype and development phases.
- Strong experience with PCB CAD and simulation tools including those used to assess the robustness of designed circuits.
- Experience designing interface requirements between HW and SW.
- Experience developing and debugging software for embedded real time systems.
- Experience working with SW teams to develop work plans and interface requirements between HW and SW.
- Experience designing/driving development and manufacturing test plans.
- Experience debugging and designing for regulatory and agency compliance.
- Experienced in international collaboration and global project work.
- Expert knowledge and experience using various lab equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, power analyzer, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, etc).
- Interest to stay abreast of new technologies, market trends, changing customer needs, and strategies of competitors.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Back to top