Staff DSP Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Staff DSP Engineer you will be responsible for leading and directly contributing to the software design effort that will enable the cloud media processing and analytics services created by Dolby. You will be part of a R&D organization based in San Francisco, working on a high impact strategic program that operates in an internal startup environment. This is an amazing opportunity for a strong engineer with good knowledge of AV signal processing and software development to work in a dynamic environment where algorithms can be developed and iterated quickly based on customer feedback.
- Research, design, implementation, and validation of DSP and ML algorithms for cloud media APIs
- Develop solutions to signal processing problems using C, MATLAB and Python
- Work with researchers to refine and guide research deliverables
- Performance evaluation of signal processing solutions
- Work with test engineers to design and implement automated tests to ensure software is functioning correctly
To be Successful
This position will involve cutting edge development of new audio and video processing and analytics technology which will be deployed as a cloud-based service. The role will require the ability to work with researchers and engineers to create engineering designs, specifications, prototypes and full implementations of audio processing technology. Applicants will require a background in audio technology, audio systems, signal processing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and excellent communication skills with a high level of motivation, initiative, and self-organization.
Other Essential Skills Include
- BSEE, MSEE or equivalent with 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Proficiency in audio and video digital signal processing
- Proficiency in signal processing algorithm coding implementation in one or more of C, MATLAB, Python
- Experience in machine learning
- Experience working in a fast paced, results oriented, agile environment focused on fielding complex signal processing solutions
- Experience working with code versioning tools (e.g. Git, Perforce)
- Willing to travel internationally in support of project requirements as needed
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top