Staff Cloud DevOps Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Are you excited to shape a new era for Dolby and be at the forefront of the latest Audio and Video technology hitting customers' hands via the Cloud? We're looking for people to help us forge a new direction for our products & technology.
For this position, we invite applications from outstanding candidates for the role of Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer to work on a new global, high-visibility program in the Office of the CTO, developing reliable, scalable and secure web-services & APIs using AWS and other cloud infrastructure.
The Office of the CTO is spearheading a new, cloud-based strategy for bringing Dolby's existing and upcoming state-of-the-art technologies to customers via Cloud Media Services for modern cloud-powered applications and services.
This is a senior technical contributor role in which you will utilizeyourdeep knowledge of web-services, infrastructure, continuous integration & deployment, security, and architecture. This is a 'super hero' role which will help us deliver new cutting-edge technologies to the cloud, working side-by-side with full-stack engineers while continually growing skills. This is a genuine greenfields opportunitywhere you will be helping to design and build the infrastructure.
If you are an expert at deploying, developing and supporting web services, and like to be challenged, this is the perfect opportunity for you to help define this exciting new field for Dolby.
Key requirements & attributes for successful applicants include:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable field.
- Proven experience in software development or infrastructure maintenance.
- Demonstrable experience in DevOps role working on commercial, scalable & secure medium+ size cloud-deployed web services.
- Professional experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect / DevOps Engineer.
- Professional experience writing & maintaining Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, YAML).
- Professional experience with REST API development & maintenance in a CI/CD environment.
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications
Back to top