Staff Cloud Architect
- Wroclaw, Poland
At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to make a difference how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide.
To do that, we need the absolute best talent. Are you the one?
We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. Would you like to work on the latest entertainment technologies to deliver spectacular experiences with us?
Video streaming services are accelerating globally! Consumers choose more often modern OTT services over traditional broadcast and cable operators. They're confronted then with often limited quality of OTT services, and operators face challenges related to reliability and scalability.
Dolby technology gives consumers a superior entertainment experience across all devices and all delivery paths, based on our core technologies Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision. Our support of streaming services up-levels their offering to a reliable, premium service at a quality level that previously was only possible on terrestrial broadcast and cable.
As Staff Cloud Architect, you'll play a key role in that transformation. You'll design and advise teams on suitable vendor-agnostic cloud solutions and infrastructure for intelligent A/V content delivery systems. You'll work with teams to bring up scalable, reliable, and secure systems. You'll advice on all Information Technology aspects like micro-service architecture, databases, storage, virtualization, CDNs, and security.
Ideally, we're looking for:
- A computer science degree, or a comparable education, and professional experience in the field of cloud solution design and/or architecture for commercial services.
- An up-to-date and profound technical knowledge of distributed systems such as micro-service architectures and their virtualization, databases, network infrastructure, and, in particular, current technical solutions relating to cloud computing.
- Expert knowledge in Amazon Web Services and at least one other cloud solution, (Microsoft Azure, Google cloud ...).
- Expert knowledge in at least one virtualization solution, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Firm understanding of all security aspects relevant for a public service in the cloud.
- Experience with Node.js, Golang, Python or similar service language.
- Cloud-relevant vendor certifications in the areas of design or architecture are a plus.
- You routinely navigate through the aaS jungle (from IaaS, PaaS and SaaS to XaaS).
- Experience in implementing large-scale solutions, incl. Big Data technologies, is a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Dolby Hiring Entity:
Dolby Poland Sp. z o.o.
Business Garden, Building G
ul. Legnicka 48
Wrocław, 54-202, Poland
Back to top