Staff C++ Software Engineer - Consumer Entertainment
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
This position is based in the product engineering team of the Consumer Entertainment Technology group.
In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to design and build the latest audio and video software that will be used by billions of Android users around the world, ranging across mobile, broadcast and OTT streaming domains, and collaborating with key partners such as Google, Amazon, and Netflix. The main focus will be to architect, design and develop Dolby's leading audio and video technologies, such as Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision, including operating systems integration and applications development.
The position requires deep knowledge of multimedia frameworks, audio/video technologies, very good understanding of operating systems (e.g. Android and Linux) and their application frameworks. The position demands a candidate capable of independently planning and developing software components against technical and schedule challenges, following strong software design and process principles while mentoring junior team members. You will be interfacing with product managers, architects, cross-geo teams, and customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Independently plan, design, develop and deliver well-organized and reliable software products in a timely manner.
- Lead and contribute towards software design, code, and bug reviews.
- Establish software design requirements and performance goals.
- Communicate technical concepts effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Represent the team and Company during internal/external customer interactions.
- Be familiar with software engineering design patterns and apply these to develop well-structured code.
- Efficiently handle ambiguity and multiple competing priorities at work.
- Contribute ideas for new technologies, tools, or methods and serve as a conduit for new technology development.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to other team members and product/marketing management.
- Mentor and lead junior team members.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or comparable field;
- 6+ years' experience in software development (C/C++/Java) on Android, Linux or Windows platforms;
- Strong object-oriented software design skills using multi-threaded C++;
- Experience in developing Audio/Video technology products;
- Experience with Android OS internals is highly desirable;
- An understanding of software design and software lifecycle maintenance;
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top