Sr. Visual Designer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones, around the world. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including marketing experts to get the word out. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a senior member of the visual experience team, this position is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of solutions that meet marketing strategies from concept to completion.
This candidate should have expertise in visual identity and production workflows including collateral, event materials, corporate identity systems, iconography, and photography and campaign development. This role requires a hands-on individual who is a talented visual designer and thinker. She/he should be able to create holistically across multiple channels and have strong communication skills in partnering with internal business group leaders to achieve desired outcomes. A balance between creativity and solutions-driven design required.
The Sr. Visual Designer should have demonstrated a high caliber of graphic/digital design skills and proven technical competency with digital design and production tools. She/he should be self-directed, have excellent communication skills, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to rapidly execute when unexpected opportunities arise. The Sr. Visual Designer should also have the ability to ascertain our strategic brand positioning, brand personality, and value propositions and translate them into designs and experiences that are visually compelling. Design is a core competency of Dolby and this individual will have the opportunity to inject emotionally engaging visual content across our internal/external communications campaigns, events, programs, and more.
This role will be based out of Dolby's SF Headquarters Office.
- Possess a passion for design craft that engages employees, consumers and industry influencers
- Design and manage the production of corporate materials (including marketing publications and corporate publications)
- Develop and frame creative concepts according to creative brief requirements
- Serve as the central resource for production of print and experiential marketing efforts worldwide
- Extend existing visual systems/brand guidelines across all mediums with moderate design changes or interpretation
- Collaborate across disciplines (Visual Experience, Product and Industrial Design, Digital, AV Production)
- Gather resource materials and generate mood boards
- Effectively generate concepts and produce design assets
- Proactively resolve issues and implement improvements in areas such as: format, standards, system support, technology and systems, template development
- Establish direct relationships with key suppliers and ensure best visual quality; researching vendors and new processes in order to achieve maximum value and innovation is expected.
- Requires BA or BS degree (or equivalent educational background)
- 5+ years' experience in campaign design/development in multi-dimensional, cross-functional team environment
- Strong design sensibility and hands-on production experience and expertise
- An obsession with delivering pixel-perfect work
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work independently to accomplish assignments
- Ability to receive critical feedback and iterate design elements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present creative work in internal and external presentations
- Extensive experience with prepress and digital asset creation
- Experience with silkscreen printing, letterpress, vinyl cut application and large/small format litho is a plus
- In-depth knowledge and expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Office proficiency (e.g., Outlook Word, Excel, Filemaker Pro)
- Proficiency in Apple's Keynote and PowerPoint
- Must also be willing to travel both domestically and internationally
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top