Sr. UX Designer (Research)
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby At Dolby, we are creating spectacular user experiences at the intersection of art and science. Dolby technologies and innovations power these user experiences by connecting end-to-end ecosystems, from the artistic creative process, through distribution, all the way to endpoint playback. These ecosystems include premium Dolby Cinemas, gaming systems, home theaters, mobile devices, and pretty much everything in between. Come explore our laboratories and discover the next wave of disruptiveinnovation.
The Opportunity Dolby's Games Group is working on a brand-new initiative that brings a new consumer-facing product, using new technology, to a new market. Over the next year, we'll be taking our existing prototypes and turning them into a fully-featured product. It's an exciting time, and we'd like your help.
You'll be joining the design function of a growing, tight-knit, cross-functional, autonomous team that's responsible for making this product a success. You'll make valuable contributions in all aspects of the product's design, but your focus will be on user research and usability testing. You'll be responsible for our research and testing strategy. You'll lead research activities to ensure the team understands who our users are and what they're trying to achieve. As we define our solutions, you'll help us build prototypes and test them with users to ensure we're meeting their goals, using anything from quick internal smoke tests to full-scale beta programmes. You'll augment our existing qualitative methodologies and extend our understanding of user behavior by introducing quantitative analysis to our toolbox.
This is a chance for you to have a significant impact on a high-visibility project while growing your expertise as a leading UX designer and researcher. If this sounds interesting, write and tell us in a few words about how you can help us be successful, and how we'll help you grow your career.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers and stakeholders to create product UIs that help users achieve their goals.
- Design and implement research and usability test programmes.
- Create deliverables to communicate your research plans and findings: questionnaires, user journeys, task flows, personas, data visualizations, behavior spectra, test protocols, interview scripts, etc.
- You have a few years experience successfully designing and running research and testing activities.
- You understand the concepts inherent to design thinking and can demonstrate that you've used it successfully in the past.
- You can identify gaps and biases in our understanding of users and drive the team to improve our knowledge.
- You can design and run research programmes using a broad variety of tools, such as ethnography, interviewing, focus groups, diary studies, surveys, usability tests, heuristic analysis, etc.
- You can design and run tests using methods such as direct and remote observation, moderated and unmoderated testing, A/B testing, benchmarking, etc.
- You can synthesize useful insights from both quantitative and qualitative research and present those findings to a broad audience, including engineers, product managers, and stakeholders.
- You aspire to excellence, but you understand that "real artists ship". You know what level of detail is right for any situation.
- You have experience working on consumer-facing applications for mobile, desktop, or TV.
- You thrive in ambiguity and make progress when faced with uncertainty.
- You can work in agile/lean teams.
- You love to learn and you're keen to grow as a designer.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top