Sr. Test Automation Engineer - Dolby.IO (Remote)
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you will see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. We have an environment of state-of-the art R&D with a culture - big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference.
Dolby.io is our new, high-visibility self-service audio/video processing APIs that will bring Dolby's innovations and unique expertise to new and existing customers. This is a unique team, working like a startup within an organization, that will reward flexibility and speed with ownership and personal development. Are you excited to shape a new era for Dolby and be at the forefront of technology hitting developers hands? Whether you decide to work remote or from our San Francisco Headquarters we will make sure you are set up to succeed and have an amazing time doing so.
The Sr, Test Automation Engineer requires deep knowledge of web architecture, automated testing, infrastructure, tooling, security, and continuous integration & delivery. You will improve our web services by finding and resolving issues, bugs and regressions using automated testing frameworks, help increase scale, and make existing processes more efficient. You will deliver quality work against technical and schedule challenges in an agile environment while following strong software design and process principles to meet our internal and external customers' demands. You will be partnering with talented engineers on cutting-edge technologies while continually growing your skills as an engineer.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who can take initiative, work independently and be a self-starter, in a dynamic startup environment within an organization and can bring flexibility, speed and expertise to our team. You should have a solid background in the fundamentals of testing automation, web development and deployment as well as a deep understanding of best practices in various languages and technologies. You should be driving the team to adopt Test Driven Development approaches and be the main point of contact for all testing related questions. Additionally, you should be passionate about and take great personal pride in building tools for other developers to use in order improve their efficiency.
If you are an expert at testing and improving web services and like to be challenged, this is the perfect opportunity for you to help define this exciting new field for Dolby. We are also open to a remote working arrangement for the right candidate should their location be in alignment with where Dolby Laboratories has a local office in-state.
- Improving quality of the Dolby.io website, apps, backend, and other services through the design and implementation of automated unit, integration, and functional tests.
- Integrate automated testing frameworks into build and deployment pipelines.
- Define, inform and educate the team on best practices for test driven development, automated testing methodologies, development workflow improvements, continuous integration/deployment and release management.
- Write detailed, high quality bug, issue and regression reports for issues encountered during testing.
- Develop internal tools to support engineering team.
- Create root cause analysis reports for customer affecting issues
- Help rectify systematic quality issues.
- Write high quality documentation of your work as well as testing practices and procedures.
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
- 4+ years industry experience in software development for test automation.
- Superb verbal and written communication and collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented engineer with superb trouble-shooting skills and passion to learn.
- Knowledge in web technologies and web frameworks such as Node.JS, React.JS, Next.JS, Springboot.
- Experience with at least one testing automation framework such as Selenium, Cucumber, Cypress.io, etc.
- Bonus points for experience with at least one JS testing framework such as Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, etc
- Experience with front-end application testing utilizing headless browser.
- Experience with CI/CD tooling such as Gitlab, Jenkins, CircleCI, CodeFresh, etc.
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top