Sr Systems Engineer - Video
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is at the forefront of defining High Dynamic Range (HDR) Imaging systems for delivering breathtaking experiences in the cinema, in the home and on the go. Our long-standing commitment to research and development enables our focus to remain on solutions that work today and are prepared for the future. That's what keeps us on the leading edge of the industry.
Our company philosophy encourages creativity, collaboration, and the desire to perceive things differently. The Europe team is looking for a HDR Imaging Sr. System Engineer who can leverage the power of the Dolby technologies and brand to deliver the integration of Dolby Vision HDR content and technologies end to end into linear broadcast and OTT/streaming services.
In this role you will serve as the market facing technical engineer and direct liaison between the Dolby Europe Field team and major PayTV, major OTT / streaming partners and Sports Leagues that are expanding their businesses to capture, create, encode and deliver movies, television series and live content in Dolby Vision. You will be working on multiple projects with different work flows, anticipating and solving potential problems and leveraging your own skills and internal resources to deliver the ideal solution to our partners. The ideal candidate will have experience and deep technical knowledge of linear broadcast video workflows (Linear and File) and of OTT / streaming, as well as hands-on experience of video technologies for encoding and decoding.
Essential Job Functions:
Workflow and Solutions engineering: Provide detailed workflow advice and deep technical knowledge to broadcasters, service providers and partners to enable the implementation of Dolby Vision Linear Broadcast and OTT/Streaming services. Workflow advice will require in-depth evaluation of many factors from production through to delivery, including mezzanine formats, encoding, packaging, decoding, networking and playback.
You will also interact with various groups within Dolby to resolve broadcast and streaming technical challenges and resolution on behalf of Dolby enabled ecosystems across Broadcast and OTT/streaming. Projects will require specialized technical knowledge with Dolby products as well as other technologies in the ecosystem it touches, impacting current business opportunities.
Pre-sales Support: Understand customer requirements, deliver technical presentations, technology demonstrations, and promote the value proposition of technologies to customers. Be the technical lead for sales-orientated technical presentations and demonstrations to customers, technical staff and senior management.
Attend trade shows, seminars, conferences, and educational events to keep abreast of industry developments, promote and demonstrate Dolby technologies and examine the potential of new markets for Dolby technologies.
Feedback, alignment and input for internal stake holders: Interface with Dolby Engineering and Marketing to provide input and suggestions for new products and features, based on customer needs and competitive information. Leverage customer meetings to gather intelligence about customers' end product plans, product requirements, competitive offering and approaches and share data with relevant internal Dolby teams.
- Bachelor's degree or similar (Physics, Engineering Technology, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.) and 4 years of experience in broadcast/OTT Video workflows, video post-production or related fields.
- Technical skills and good knowledge of broadcast and/or OTT systems, head end technologies and architectures: encoding workflow technologies and architectures, ecosystems and solutions used in the delivering content through the entire broadcast and/or broadband delivery chain across all major Operator types.
- Good knowledge and experience with video codecs, and compression standards such as H.264, H.265 and HEVC. Knowledge of common video analysis tools, HDMI and video perceptual quality testing. Experience with High Dynamic Range video and Wide Color Gamut (Rec. 2020) is a plus.
- It is vital that applicant can quickly and thoroughly learn a variety of technical topics in a short time.
- Experience working with OTT/VoD Delivery Formats and technologies as MPEG/DVB-DASH, HLS (HTTP Live Streaming), Smooth Streaming, encryption/DRM, ISOBMFF and MPEG2-TS TCP/IP protocols.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven team player, plus strong work and business ethics. The role requires ability to document and write structured reports.
Self-motivated, self-assured person with aptitude to interface with personnel across the customer engineering organizations. The role is open in Nuremberg, Germany and requires up to 25% to 40% travel primarily within Europe.
- Knowledge of video content creation, post-production, , cinema and television production workflows.
- Direct experience in Applications Engineering and/or other technical customer support.
- Knowledge of Dolby's products, technologies and customers.
- Knowledge of C/C++ and scripting languages Python, Perl, Bash
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top