Sr. Strategist SEM and Social Analytics Contractor
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a company that is transitioning from a product company to an experiences company, the Digital Marketing & Consumer Experience (DMCX) Team is driving social media and digital marketing initiatives to put Dolby in direct contact with consumers. These initiatives require a data-driven strategist to develop a robust measurement and reporting approach for all social and paid search activations. We are looking for someone who is customer-obsessed and passionate about how to leverage the socialsphere to impact customers at the beginning of their journey. We are looking for an out of the box thinker, with a high level of curiosity and drive to uncover meaningful and actionable insights. This role is a critical part of evolving how we digitally market to and reach consumers, thereby elevating Dolby's direct interactions and engagements with current and potential customers.
As Social Analytics and SEM strategist, you will help establish a world-class social analytics and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) function within Dolby. In this role, you will partner with integrated marketing teams and business groups to develop a new approach to keywords and AdWords across Dolby brands and initiatives. You will have experience developing a strategic and sustained approach for SEM that augments and supports our SEO activities. In addition, you will have deep experience measuring and setting KPI/benchmarks for social campaigns and activations, imparting insights that enable us to drive efficiency of spend and optimize creative; as well as develop a scorecard to evaluate and measure community and channel health and against specific campaigns and initiatives.
The person in this role, will partner across the DMCX Team and the broader marketing teams to understand the desired goals and build a transparent model for teams to thoughtfully evaluate projects. Ideally, you have been leading, or strongly contributing to a team that is on the leading edge of SEM and social analytics.
- Function as a subject-matter expert on KPI and benchmarks for Dolby social activations to provide actionable insights that will inform campaign optimization and decision-making
- Function as a subject-matter expert on our social listening tool to monitor & report on Dolby globally
- Going beyond the basic data to provide meaningful benchmarks, 'metrics that matter,' to be used across partners, scorecards, A/B testing and optimization
- Craft stories that present learnings in a visual and compelling format
- Work in close partnership with the Dolby Social media team to plan out social strategy and advise on campaign efficacy and media targeting
- Partner directly with external agencies on social listening, SEM strategy & media buying, establish benchmarks and identify KPI for all Dolby social and paid media activities
- Manage partner relationships with all relevant vendors and help audit these relationships
- 5-7 years of overall social media analytics and SEM experience agency and/or client-side
- Strong Excel or other database (e.g., SAS, SQL, SPSS) analytics tools experience
- Deep expertise with Google AdWords and SEM certified
- Deep expertise with YouTube, and YouTube certified
- A proven understanding of social platforms and related analytics best practices (e.g., KPI, benchmarks)
- Deep knowledge and expertise with social analytics/listening tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Netbase, Sprinklr, Radian6)
- 2-3 yrs. hands-on experience working with data/analytics dashboards (e.g., Tableau, Beckon)
- A proven track record of overseeing social media/digital testing, including methodology, measurement of success, etc.
- A quick learner with strong business acumen who commands influence across marketing and willingly challenges current assumptions
- A track-record of translating data into compelling stories for stakeholders with differing levels of experience
- A data-driven mind who can foster rigor and discipline in all that we do, to help drive consumer engagement
- A track record of partnership and collaboration, providing strategic guidance to stakeholders and client groups
- Ability to build plans cross functionally working with content teams, digital and social teams to drive effective outcomes
- Ability to drive tools and insights strategy to support well informed business decisions
- Comfortable working within a test & learn culture that's known for speed, agility
- Bachelor or Master's degree in marketing and/or business
- Existing relationships with key social partners (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across a matrixed organization
- Strong communicator with the ability to drive and influence strategic buy-in from stakeholders and business groups
- Analytical and data driven mind-set
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including experts who can help us tell our story in the most compelling way possible.
We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in strategic settings, while having no problem 'rolling up the sleeves' with team members to tackle tactics and get the job done.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top