Sr. Staff Graphics Architect - Dolby Vision
- Sunnyvale, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Staff Graphics Architect is a key role that will provide strategic technical leadership and solutions in the areas of building Dolby Vision solutions for compute constrained software environments.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of image processing algorithms and experience in mapping them to constrained environment retaining the quality that is close to ideal. You are a software architect and engineer with long experience of implementing real time algorithms using GPU and other display hardware blocks.
This is a great role for a technical leader with experience at the intersection of hardware, software, and media. The role will be in our Sunnyvale, CA office, but will be remote until it safe to return to the office.
- Drive the architectural roadmap for deployment of Dolby technologies to hardware-based solutions, including hardware augmentation of software solutions (such as in PCs and mobile devices)
- Drive the architectural roadmap for deployment of Dolby technologies in software-based solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout prototyping and product exploration, development, and deployment to ensure a robust ecosystem and products.
- Create and maintain best practices for high-quality product engineering, development best practices and conduct architectural reviews.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, other related technical field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of product experience delivering novel multimedia products in the consumer electronics, PC, or mobile markets throughout the complete product development cycle
- 5+ years of experience with Game development.
- 5+ years of Graphics platforms such as DX11, DX12, OpenGL, Vulkan, etc.
- Strong experience in the development of real-time GPU optimized implementation of image processing algorithms in Windows, and/or Apple media architectures
- Skills in defining and communicating modern architectural design methods (such as modular and extensible architectures) as well as API design
- Ability to clearly express technical concepts to customers and internal engineering and product teams and advocate for good design practices
- Must be willing to travel with 20% international/Domestic travel (when safe to do so).
• Video codecs, and compression standards such as H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC.
• In-depth Digital Signal Processing knowledge.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Back to top