Sr. Solutions Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
In the Communications Business Group, we are passionate about delivering spectacular experiences in the office and the conference room, just as Dolby already does in the movie theater or at home. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including sales professionals, to accelerate the market adoption of our communications API platform. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work.
The Senior Solution Engineer will be the technical expert that works with our existing high-value customers. You will keep your skills sharp by developing demos and proof of concepts. This role will have significant input on the direction of the product by bringing back information from customers and working with the engineering team to architect solutions.
- Be the trusted senior technical contact for our largest customers.
- Work with high-value customers to architect the integration of Dolby technologies into their services.
- Collect requirements for new features and champion them internally during the design and implementation. You will work closely with the Dolby engineering teams on the design of features.
- Use your in-depth knowledge of how the customer's service works while working with our engineering teams to ensure that the platform evolves with a focus on customer needs.
- Work with the senior technical customer contacts (such as CTO and VP Engineering) during critical escalations. During the escalations, you will often help the customer design and implement workarounds and solutions.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree.
- 4+ Years of Experience.
- Knowledge and experience in modern API-driven web architectures. General understanding of technologies such as NodeJs, REST APIs, PHP, JQuery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong technical skills and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Strong presentation, communication, organization, and time management skills.
Nice to have:
- Driven, highly energetic, "can do" attitude
- WebRTC Knowledge
- UCaaS or CPaaS background
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top