Sr Software Engineer in Test
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Communication is a basic and essential human need. At Dolby, in the Communications Business Group, we are dedicated to provide the highest quality communication experience possible. Dolby Voice Conferencing is our solution to use cutting edge technologies to bring state-of-the-art conferencing experience to billions of users. The primary focus of this role is to design and develop methods and test tools to validate the media quality in the products developed in Dolby Communications team. The test engineer in this position is expected to independently analyse product requirements and technical documentation to be able to plan, design, develop and execute tests and report on test results. The position requires the candidate to be proficient in scripting languages for automation and to be capable of identifying, building and re-using automation tools where required. We are looking for talented, highly motivated and enthusiastic engineers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan design and implement tests methods to verify audio quality of next generation Dolby Voice products.
- Conduct test planning including test design, test coverage, test approach, risk assessment and report on test metrics.
- Design, set up, configure and maintain test laboratories and test environments incl. test frameworks, lab equipment and CI systems.
- Operate audio test equipment e.g. microphones, amplifiers, measurement devices, etc.
- Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug and resolve issues/bugs.
- Work with the audio algorithm development team to define audio quality test criteria
- Have documented experience using test management systems (TMS).
- Be able to identify and mitigate risk/s associated with issues found.
- Be able to complete assignments independently and on time.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- BSc, MSc or PhD degree in science or engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience working as software engineer or software test engineer or equivalent.
- 1+ years' experience with digital signal processing, networked multimedia and/or coding technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
- Experience in software development and scripting in one or more of the following languages: Python (esp. numpy/scipy), C/C++, Matlab.
- Experience conducting objective or subjective acoustic testing of speech algorithms
- Familiarity with VoIP systems and with relevant VoIP standards: ITU, ETSI, 3GPP, etc.
- Demonstrable experience testing or development of with audio or speech processing and speech recognitions algorithms
- Experience working in Scrum teams; Scrum master experience is a plus
- Utilise the ear as a test tool; identify and classify signal processing errors.
- Professional test certification such as ISTQB, CSTP or equivalent.
Back to top