Sr. Software Engineer( Image Processing and Color Science)
- Sunnyvale, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Software Engineer in the Imaging Technology organization, the qualified candidate will develop software that enables the next generation video technologies to be deployed on consumer platforms. The candidate will be part of picture quality team that works closely with research team to develop software development kits and utility tools. The responsibility also includes intensive collaboration with other Dolby teams such as QA and Customer Support to set up and validate procedures and tools. The candidate will be engaged in a wide range of activities such as designing software utilities, designing automatic validation scripts, creating test plan and test cases, conducting trainings and responding to support team / OEM feedback.
Responsibilities: What you will do
- Understanding how Dolby imaging and video algorithms work in a consumer device such as TV, set top box, PC, mobile phone, and game console.
- Architecting software applications for superior functional efficiency and user experience in picture quality measurement and testing on consumer video devices.
- Specifying the requirements of picture quality related software tools and utilities.
- Building, integrating and validating software tools and utilities.
- Responding to support team / OEM feedback, fixing bugs and improving the efficiency and usability of the software tools and utilities.
Requirements: What we would like you to have
- Bachelor or Masters degree in EE, CS or equivalent, plus 5 years engineering experience in software development.
- Proficient in C++, Python, Windows system and GUI; working knowledge in Matlab.
- Knowledge and experience in image and video processing, color science, color management and color calibration is very desirable.
- Good understanding of consumer device video processing pipeline is very desirable.
- Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced software development environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem solving.
- Willingness to work in a highly-skilled and cohesive team that is motivated to do high-quality engineering, promote an environment for open and creative thinking, and continuously build and share new skills
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Back to top