Sr. Software Engineer - GPU
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Sr. Software Engineer in the CEG Imaging Device Product Engineering Group, the qualified candidate will help develop software that enables the next generation video technologies created by Dolby. The candidate hired for this position will be part of a team that works closely with Research group to develop proof of concept platforms, SDKs, plug-ins for external products, etc. The candidate will be responsible for wide range of activities such as graphics software development, mapping complex processing power intensive image processing algorithms to Mobile/Gaming/ PC/STB devices, interacting with customers, etc.
- Analyze/Understand the break through video concepts developed by research and provide feedback to research on the specifications and other technical documentation.
- Comprehend the reference code from the research with in-depth understanding of each module.
- Analyze and understand the system architecture of the SoC chipsets used in consumer devices supplied by partner companies and create high level design to map the Dolby technologies on their products.
- Create modular, well-organized and properly documented code.
- Optimize and customize the reference code to various chipsets designed using SIMD, GPU Shaders, etc.
- Develop unit tests, regression tests and other test vectors to validate the implementations.
- Produce and maintain accurate documentation and software archives.
- Coordinate development activities with both internal members of the video engineering team, R&D, QA and selected external companies in a professional manner using latest software tools to enhance the communication.
- Continue to assess alternate IC platforms for suitability for implementation of Dolby video technologies.
- Participate and contribute to future concepts related to the Dolby video technologies and implementation vehicles for other Dolby technology.
Skills and Education
- BS in EE, CS or equivalent, plus 5 years engineering experience in embedded software development for consumer devices such as Mobile, Gaming, STB, Digital Media Adapters, PC, etc.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience developing image processing algorithms on consumer devices based on CPU/GPU flavor from different companies such as ARM, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Apple, etc.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in real time embedded software development or system software development using Android, Linux and similar CE device oriented operating systems and related development tools.
- Must have 5 years of experience in C programming, C++ and OOP is a plus.
- Must have 3 years of Experience with optimizing algorithms using assembly, SIMD (Neon/AVX), GPU programming using OpenGL or DirectX, etc.
- Experience with Android architecture, AOSP source code, iOS architecture, Gaming platform architecture such as PS4 or Xbox is a plus.
- Experience with MPEG-DASH, HDMI and DisplayPort is a plus.
- Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced software development environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem solving.
- Willingness to work in a highly-skilled and cohesive team that is motivated to do high-quality engineering, promote an environment for open and creative thinking, and continuously build and share new skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top