Sr. Software Engineer - Consumer Entertainment Group
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Sr. Software Engineer - Consumer Entertainment Group You will serve as part of a small team of developers in the Consumer Entertainment Group. Working with other software and hardware designers, you will develop software implementations for products that serve the broadcast industry for the creation, transmission, exhibition and QC of Dolby's technologies.
- Design and develop real-time audio/video applications in C/C++ for broadcast products.
- Investigate and solve problems in existing audio/video applications.
- Design and develop user-interfaces for professional broadcast products.
- Learn and develop software components for Dolby audio technologies.
- Learn and develop software components for broadcast industry standards.
- Create and maintain software requirements and design specifications
- Learn & follow Test-Driven and Agile development practices.
- Help to create prototypes of new technology applications.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer / Electrical Engineering
- 3 +years of experience in software development
- Excellent C/C++ skills
- Solid understanding of OS, RTOS, real-time software design and debugging
- Fast learner, solid problem solver, with great testing and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest or / and experience in audio & video technologies
Additional / Desired Skills
- Understanding of basic Digital Signal Processing Theory
- Knowledge of Software Application Development for Linux
- Understanding of Audio or / and Video Coding Algorithms
- Knowledge of Java and Python
- knowledge of Agile development practices and TDD (Test-Driven-Design)
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top