Sr. Software Development Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer at Dolby, you will help build the tools needed to bring Dolby Vision to home cinema, TV, and theatres. Currently, that includes mastering tools for creating video streams, metadata editing, real-time image processing for post-production and real-time live broadcast, as well as tools to help us integrate into existing production systems. Creativity, flexibility, and the ability to tailor your solution to the project at hand are highly valued attributes.
- Code and test post production and live broadcast tools.
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs and issues.
- Prototype and validate new features and algorithms.
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Image Science, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in software development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with C++ and Linux.
- Experience with professional post production tools, image processing, CUDA processing, multi-threaded/parallel processing.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with current software testing industry and best practices and tools (e.g. Jira, Git).
- Python, shell scripting,
- Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Back to top