Sr. Public Relations Manager, Licensing
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Via promotes and enables innovation using intellectual property rights in partnership with technology companies, entertainment companies, and universities around the world. As the world's leading provider of innovation-enhancing intellectual property programs and business solutions, Via demonstrates excellence, leadership, and expertise. Via is an independently-managed subsidiary of Dolby Laboratories - a leader in research and engineering, that creates breakthrough experiences for billions of people worldwide through a collaborative ecosystem spanning artists, businesses, and consumers.
We're looking for an exceptional Sr. Public Relations Manager who will be responsible for helping share our story and driving proactive news to build on the existing positive awareness for Via. It's a highly visible position, fit for a strategic thinker who has experience with taking a proactive approach in developing communications strategy, message development, executive coaching, and has solid relationships with business and IP media. This person will be responsible for guiding our business narrative, CEO and leadership team communications, employee communications, and liaising with Dolby. The candidate should have excellent written and verbal communications skills, a proven ability to consistently make sound judgments, engage and build trust with senior executives, and effectively collaborate with others while driving measurable results. The role will report to the Director of Corporate Communications, Dolby Laboratories and will be based in Via's headquarters in San Francisco.
The role requires strong understanding and expertise of external and internal communications strategies and tactics such as corporate profile building and thought leadership, message and platform development, quarterly and annual results, intellectual property, issues management, and proactive initiatives outreach to drive business results.
- Develop proactive media relations strategy to secure coverage for the company, executives, and other initiatives.
- Develop and execute internal communications strategy and materials.
- Drive an executive thought leadership program securing impactful by lines and speaking opportunities at key industry events.
- Develop and execute core message platform for company and key executives.
- Coach and develop company spokespeople.
- Monitor media and key and emerging developments globally to create plans and messaging.
- Build on existing and develop new relationships with media, key decision makers, and member organizations.
- Manage relationship with Dolby PR and General Counsel related to Via PR activities.
- Manage supporting agency / agencies on behalf of Via.
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years' experience in a corporate communications or PR/communications agency developing and implementing corporate communications programs.
- Strong relationships with key business media is a must.
- A forward - thinking strategic player able to act quickly and analytically and design actionable, measurable programs to align with and advance business objectives.
- Proven experience in strategic communications practices such as planning, project management, and strategic counsel.
- Team player with an exceptional attention to detail, stellar organizational skills who works collaboratively to manage and balance a variety of projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in operating in a matrix environment.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or other related fields.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top