Sr. Product Manager, Mobile
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Product Manager, Mobile
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the most creative talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Delight millions of consumers, enhance their media experience on mobile devices, and work in a friendly collaborative environment
Have you ever wanted to not only create exciting consumer centric features, but also see these deployed worldwide on millions of devices? Are you fascinated by consumer devices for audio & video and can see ways in which consumers can interact with their devices better? Come on over and help us apply our deep audio and video expertise to mobile devices.
As a product manager on the Mobile Device product team, you will have the opportunity (and challenge) of building products that enhance and revolutionize the consumer media experiences across Smartphones and Tablets - globally. Not just that, but you will also be responsible for the success of your product by working with engineering in the creating of your idea, with marketing in positioning, messaging & pricing and with sales in driving commercial uptake.
You must possess strong business acumen, creativity, and broad knowledge across industries such as consumer electronics, audio services and video services. You will find that you can leverage one or more of these experiences to define and build new and innovative products. This role has a global scope so awareness of consumer interaction with audio and video on their mobile devices globally will help. Your creativity will be challenged as you develop ideas based on an original, novel, or unconventional approach to problem solving.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education Requirements:
- Passion for enhancing consumer media experiences and for "pushing the technology envelope". Be ready to tell us about how you've done this a couple of times in the past. We'd love to hear about not just big successes, but also small consumer centric changes you may have implemented that have made it life easier or better for consumers of video and audio.
- Bachelor's degree required in technical, or related fields. Masters, advanced degree and/or MBA desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in consumer electronics, audio services, video services or products. We believe that experience in one or more of these areas will help.
- Must have working knowledge of mobile operating system and mobile entertainment services
- Experience in managing across the complete product or feature lifecycle, from initial concept to end-of-life, is something we are looking for. Normally we see this when you have 4-6 years of work experience.
- Strong leadership, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically.
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas. International travel and work experience desirable.
- Own and lead the product lifecycle including strategic planning, definition, development, management, delivery and end of life for your products.
- Be responsible for and define the detailed product requirements, ensuring that product meets the market needs, revenue, and adoption targets.
- Develop compelling product positioning, messaging, and value proposition for product or service.
- Serve as primary product evangelist. Evangelize product to customers, partners, and analysts.
- Run your product as a business by leading the business case, business model, segmentation, and pricing.
- Be a contributor of new concepts, methods or technologies or on the development of new ecosystems.
- Working with the R&D teams to enhance Dolby's existing technology platforms to bring them to market and contribute ideas that can lead to the development of new platforms.
- Support Sales with detailed product information, sales tools, product training, and briefings with customers, eco-system partners, and prospects.
- Develop a go to market strategy and provide ongoing product support to field and regions.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top