Sr. Product Manager - Dolby Vision Playback Products
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Come help us define the next generation consumer HDR Imaging experiences on PC.
As a Product Manager in the Dolby Vision Playback product team, you will build products that enhance and revolutionize the HDR imaging experience for consumers on PCs, Streaming Media Devices, set top boxes and game consoles. We are looking for a visionary and passionate product leader with extensive experience defining, building, and launching successful imaging products to market. You will build products from new and existing ideas and develop new products through interaction with OEMs and SoC partners.
Acting as the product owner, you will be responsible for developing and executing the product strategy, and product requirements. Bring your strong product insight, broad industry knowledge, and in-depth technical knowledge across a variety of consumer devices.
Essential Job Functions
- Own and lead the product lifecycle including strategic planning, definition, development, management, delivery and end of life for your products.
- Be responsible for and define the detailed product requirements and ensure that product meets the market needs, and adoption targets
- Develop compelling product positioning, and value proposition for device OEM customers and partners
- Be a contributor of new concepts, methods or technologies or on the development of new ecosystems.
- Working with the R&D teams, leverage Dolby's existing technology platforms to bring them to the market and contribute ideas that can lead to the creation of new platforms.
- Support Sales with detailed product information, sales tools, product training, and briefings with customers, eco-system partners, and prospects.
- Develop a go to market strategy and provide ongoing product support to field and regions.
- Serve as primary product evangelist. Evangelize product to customers, partners, and analysts.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required in marketing, technical, or related fields. Previous experience as a software developer desirable.
- Masters, advanced degree and/or MBA highly desirable
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant industry experience in the PC space doing inbound and outbound product management on imaging technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in managing across the complete product lifecycle, from initial concept to end-of-life
- Strong leadership, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Must have a strong public presence with the talent to present.
- Passion for enhancing the entertainment experience and for "pushing the technology envelope".
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the imaging ecosystem and key ecosystem players, including HDR Video
- Understanding of the PC ecosystem required
- Experience in working in new or new technology areas, and developing complex product lines, ecosystems, or solutions that are the first to market highly desired
- Knowledge of Dolby's products, technologies, customers, and markets a plus.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically.
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas. International travel and work experience desirable.
#LI - VH1
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Back to top