Sr. PR Manager, Consumer Products Group
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
We're looking for an exceptional dynamic communications professional to lead PR for Dolby's Consumer Products Group (CPG)that spans initiatives across entertainment including music.The candidate should have consumer tech PR expertise, leading product launches and momentum PR campaigns, developing launch and product reviews strategy and managing hands-on product reviews and experiences, and has success in bringing talk-worthy consumer media experiences to life.
This is an ideal opportunity for a self-starter with a passion for consumer tech technology and proven experience in successfully bringing to market highly innovative products and programs in the US and internationally in talk-worthy and meaningful ways.The role will report to the Director of Communications and will be based in Dolby's HQ in San Francisco.
Among other engagements, this person will:
- Drive breakthrough and impactful PR campaigns
- Work directly with key business executives
- Lead pitching stories, media relations, product launch and experience initiatives, product reviews, events, and more
- Write engaging content including press releases and trend pitches
- Provide insights into key entertainment trends and monitor competitive products in market
- Drive brainstorming, strategy and planning sessions
- Deliver and implement impactful plans that positively drive the business forward
To be successful in this role, you must demonstrate strong ownership at both program and execution level. You have an outstanding ability to adapt in an ambiguous and fast-moving environment and collaborate and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams. You are versed in operating in both a larger organization as well as a start-up environment with minimal established infrastructure and have the aptitude to quickly develop a solid knowledge and understanding of Dolby's technologies.
- Strong consumer tech product PR expertise and experience working as part of an integrated marketing team
- Excellent networker and connector with active relationships with U.S. consumer tech, entertainment and consumer lifestyle media
•Passion for consumer mindsets and behaviors that fuels a desire to reach customers in new innovative ways
•An effective communicator and storyteller who can share strategy, present campaign plans to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to contingency plan and make sound judgments while engaging and building trust with senior executives
•Self-starter, comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
•An optimist with a desire to build and be part of something great
- Mix of in-house and agency experience preferred
- Ability to travel in the US and in Dolby's key regions like China and Europe
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top