Sr. Patent Licensing Manager, China
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The successful candidate will be an experienced attorney responsible for negotiating licenses to Dolby's global patent portfolio. He or she must have experience in negotiating technology licenses to meet company goals. Job functions include analyzing and valuing patent licensing opportunities and negotiating licenses. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and demonstrated success in analyzing data. Experience with Excel and Salesforce a plus. Negotiating experience is a must. Although not required, electrical engineering or computer science experience is valuable, as is familiarity with standards essential patents.
This position will be located in the Beijing area and will report into the Sr. Director, Patent Licensing in our San Francisco Office.
- Negotiate patent license agreements.
- Help develop and execute strategies for Dolby's worldwide patent licensing efforts.
- Advise on the acquisition, development and commercialization of third party technologies.
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders regarding patent licensing efforts.
- Assist with patent enforcement matters.
- Provide such other patent, licensing and intellectual property support as may be required.
Skills and Education
- 8-10+ years of experience as an IP licensing attorney in a top-tier law firm and preferably some experience working in house.
- Member of the China Bar.
- Excellent English and Mandarin writing and communication skills.
- Self-initiative and ability to work with minimum of direction to meet deadlines.
- Superior organization and project management skills.
- Must demonstrate trust and credibility.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience in intellectual property licensing and litigation.
- Experience with standards bodies, standards essential patents and/or patent pools.
- Electrical engineering and/or computer science background and/or admission to one or more Patent bars would be helpful, but are not required
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top