Sr. Operator Sales Manager
The Sr. Manager, Operator Partnerships, South East Asia will continue to drive the growth of Dolby's business footprint and adoption of Dolby technologies in South East Asia's OTT, broadcast, mobile and content ecosystems. This role will focus on the successful promotion of Dolby products and technologies to OTT services, content aggregators, Pay TV operators, broadcast channels/networks, digital terrestrial TV and consumer electronics manufacturers (OEMs) in South East Asia, operating at both a technical and commercial level. Success will be reflected in OTT and broadcast services on-air with Dolby technologies and the use of the Dolby brand on OTT services, terrestrial, cable TV and DTH. The role also requires having to work with Dolby's technical team to ensure delivery of systems support to Dolby's OTT and broadcast and customers to enable them to get/stay on air and launch services/content with Dolby audio and video technologies. Territories covered include Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Australia and New Zeeland, though there may be additional work/projects in other countries in South East Asia. The role will provide strategic impetus and direction to growth plans of Dolby in the OTT and broadcast segment in South East Asia by engaging with potential and existing customers; and by establishing and growing deep business relationships and engagement.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main responsibilities and roles of the position of Senior Manager, Operator Partnerships, South East Asia can be summarized as follows:
- Grow Dolby's footprint and technology adoption in OTT, vertical and horizontal broadcast markets such as OTT operators, Digital Cable operators, DTH operators, broadcast channels/networks, content aggregators and CE OEMs in South East Asia for Dolby's key technologies (both audio and video).
- Engage and network with all constituents of the OTT, Broadcast, Mobile and CE industry and ecosystem including content providers, operators, networks, infrastructure providers, pro equipment/service providers, device OEM's, middleware providers, silicon platform providers and television/set top box manufacturers to establish, maintain and grow relationships with the stakeholders involved. Success will be reflected in OTT and broadcast on air with Dolby technologies with relevant & meaningful content on air using Dolby technologies/formats and the use of the Dolby brand on OTT and broadcast services.
- Engage with leading OTT (including mobile first OTT services) and broadcast networks to drive adoption and use of Dolby codecs and technologies for delivering high value experiences (including multi-channel surround sound audio, immersive audio and HDR video) into broadcast and OTT content
- Meet and exceed company's goal to grow attach of Dolby's key technologies (both audio and video) to TVs, STBs and DMAs shipping into the region.
- Develop account plans, creating winning sales plans, opportunity and pipeline management, revenue planning, commercial win forecasting in line with the company's strategy and business imperatives.
- Meet and exceed annual revenue and commercial win targets
- Monitor competitor activities and market potential to identify opportunities for Dolby's broadcast and mobile products and technologies in India.
- Engage with incumbent terrestrial broadcasters, regulators, standards bodies and related local government agencies to drive adoption of Dolby's audio & video technologies in HD and future HEVC/UHD digital terrestrial broadcast in South East Asia. Establish, maintain and grow relationship with key stakeholders involved to promote use of Dolby technologies in terrestrial digital broadcast.
- Build, maintain and grow relationship with key stakeholder across functions (technical, business, content, marketing, management teams, etc) in customer accounts, including new prospective accounts to become a trusted advisor
- Engage with Dolby's global Technology and Product Development teams to make recommendations on new business opportunities and the expansion of existing product and lines of business.
- Develop strong partnership with internal technical team and work with Director of Technical Engineering to build technical readiness with key system integrators and partners to drive adoption of Dolby technologies in the broadcast and OTT industry.
- The individual will be expected to have strong sales skills and drive, to achieve desired performance and results.
- Provide quarterly updates on status and progress on deal flows.
- Able to travel internationally up to 70%.
- Deep Broadcast OTT and Pay TV operator/Industry experience and relationships.
- A thorough knowledge of digital TV broadcast, mobile and content creation systems, end to end from ingest to home/mobile receiver, resulting from proven industry experience. Understanding of technologies used and drivers and technology trends in broadcasting and content delivery.
- Experience in long sales cycles, concept and solution selling.
- Techno-Commercial Competence, Experience & Demonstrated Results
- Strong sales skills and key account management skills
- Holds himself/herself accountable for delivering on goals and commitment.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong performance and leadership track record with an ability to drive success from a long-term view.
- Clear and Effective Communication Skills. Effective collaborator
- Strong cultural fit with Dolby's collaborative, innovation and high-performance environment.
EXPERIENCE and Education :
- Min 8-10 years relevant industry experience with the necessary level of maturity required for the role.
- Well-networked in the OTT, broadcast and CE space in South East Asia with an understanding and having existing relationships across television channels, cable operators, DTH TV operators, OTT services, Telco Operators, CE OEMs.
- Strong technical background and demonstrated experience in , OTT technology, broadcast technology, connected devices audio/video technology or related industry.
- Commercially savvy with a proven track record in negotiating/closing deals and building deep customer relationships.
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering, Marketing, or Business related degree or the equivalent in experience; past experience working in a multinational company would be an advantage.
- Understanding of technologies used and drivers and technology trends in media and content delivery.
- Ability to think and act strategically with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience driving projects to on-time completion.
- Strong track record on meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Must feel comfortable navigating through a complex organization. High ambiguity tolerance and comfort with matrix reporting.
- Must have strong, demonstrated, presentation skills to groups of all sizes and levels
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Have the ability to work without direct supervision, to prioritize work and to work to deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential; written and verbal interactions with customers are a major part of the job.
- Excellent account management, time management, communications, decision making, interpersonal skills, presentation and organization skills. Professional appearance and presentation required.
Note: This position requires regular overseas travel and work outside normal hours.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top