Sr Mgr, Service and Content Partners
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Our first partner to deploy Dolby audio technologies in a streaming service launched in 2007. Today, streaming and multiscreen services continue grow explosively, as well as challenge and blur the lines between the broadcast and streaming markets. As Dolby continues to invest in incredible innovations in Audio and HDR Imaging, we will also continue to deepen and expand our multiscreen partnerships, with service and platform providers. These partnerships are instrumental in accelerating Dolby's Audio and HDR video technology adoption, which ultimately, is all about connecting consumers with spectacular entertainment experiences in Dolby, at home and on-the-go.
This role will develop and maintain relationships with both business and technical leaders at designated OTT (Over The Top) and Internet TV (IPTV) service partners, driving adoption of Dolby technologies across the partner's ecosystem including local original content creation in Korea. Owning the partner relationship, this role, will work very closely with colleagues across Dolby to define and drive all strategic business and technical engagements, delivering efficient and effective outcomes that benefit Dolby and the specific partner.
The ideal and successful candidate will also possess an under-the-hood knowledge of many of the following areas applicable to the world of digital media and streaming services:
- Strong understanding of several of the following areas: Internet Television, Connected CE Device trends, Consumer Entertainment trends and related ecosystems and market dynamics.
- Audio/Video formats and codecs, encoding and adaptive streaming frameworks for streaming services
- Digital content workflows for creating and packaging video/audio for streaming services
- Next generation audio and video (4K and High Dynamic Range) related technologies and trends
- Global OTT (Netflix, Amazon, YouTube) related business, technologies and trends
- Local original content creation related trends and experience in Korea
Role reports to Country Manager, Dolby Korea
International travel will include a small number off planned international trips per year
- Progress, manage and close a pipeline of multiple strategic engagements and goals for stream service business development.
- Architect a vision for successfully partnering across all relevant intersection points between Dolby and streaming services (OTT and IPTV) partners, prioritize and drive the engagements, and eradicate any barriers to closure and commitments.
- Drive internal global teams to assist in executing on your overall account vision(s) and create opportunities to expand the business relationships with our partners.
- Serve as the voice of the partner and marketplace within Dolby to influence a) the development of new products, services, and licensing programs, b) strategic direction of Dolby key initiatives.
- Manage relationship with home content providers and post processing studios to drive streaming service business development
- BS /BA. MBA desired. A minimum of 7 years of related experience within the market segment and accounts targeted required
- Proven track record in developing relationships with key decision makers and influencers (technical and business) to progress and close large technology commercial deals or partnerships.
- Deep understanding and experience in "ecosystem" type market development and selling.
- Ability to think big picture, long-term and creatively in establishing and adapting strategies in accounts and engagements, as market dynamics require.
- Ability to identify and gain support of internal stakeholders across an organization in order to assemble, drive and motivate virtual teams to achieve results
- Strong understanding of several of the following areas: Digital Media, Consumer Electronics, Home Theater, PC, and Mobile ecosystems and dynamics, how manufacturers, developers, streaming services are structured, make money, related trends, development cycles, and decision-making criteria(s).
- Strong negotiation skills, highly persuasive with an ability to drive toward mutually agreeable outcomes.
- Must have executive presence and clear communication skills with the capability of persuading others to accept product/solution concepts that may differ from their initial perspectives
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top