Sr. Manager, Operator Partnerships, SE Asia
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Sr. Manager, Operator Partnerships, South East Asia will continue to drive the growth of Dolby's business footprint and adoption of Dolby technologies in South East Asia's broadcast, online and mobile ecosystems. This role will focus on the successful promotion of Dolby products and technologies to Pay TV operators, broadcast channels/networks, OTT services, mobile/online content aggregators, digital terrestrial TV and consumer electronics manufacturers (OEMs) in South East Asia, operating at both a technical and commercial level. Success will be reflected in broadcast, online and mobile services on-air with Dolby technologies and the use of the Dolby brand on terrestrial, cable TV, DTH, mobile and online services. The role also requires having to work with Dolby's technical team to ensure delivery of systems support to Dolby's broadcast and mobile customers to enable them to get/stay on air and launch services/content with Dolby audio and video technologies. Territories covered include Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, though there may be additional work/projects in other countries in South East Asia and Australia/New Zeeland. The role will provide strategic impetus and direction to growth plans of Dolby in the broadcast, online and mobile segment in South East Asia by engaging with potential and existing customers and by establishing and growing deep business relationships and engagement.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main responsibilities and roles of the position of Senior Manager, Operator Partnerships, South East Asia can be summarized as follows:
- Grow Dolby's footprint and technology adoption in vertical broadcast, online and mobile markets such as Digital Cable operators, DTH operators, OTT operators, broadcast channels/networks, content aggregators and CE OEMs in South East Asia.
- Engage and network with all constituents of the Broadcast, Mobile and Online industry and ecosystem including content providers, operators, networks, infrastructure providers, pro equipment/service providers, device OEM's, middleware providers, silicon platform providers and television/set top box manufacturers to establish, maintain and grow relationships with the stakeholders involved. Success will be reflected in broadcast, online and mobile services on air with Dolby technologies, and the use of the Dolby brand on broadcast, online and mobile services.
- Engage with leading OTT and broadcast networks to drive adoption and use of Dolby codecs and technologies for delivering multi-channel surround sound audio into premium broadcast content, especially for HD content.
- Develop account plans, creating winning sales plans, opportunity and pipeline management, revenue planning, commercial win forecasting in line with the company's strategy and business imperatives.
- Meet and exceed annual revenue and commercial win targets
- Meet and exceed on company's goal to grow attach of Dolby technologies to consumer electronics products (TVs, STBs, DMAs, mobile, etc) to the region
- Monitor competitor activities and market potential to identify opportunities for Dolby's broadcast and mobile products and technologies in India.
- Engage with incumbent terrestrial broadcasters, regulators, standards bodies and related local government agencies to drive adoption of Dolby's audio & video technologies in HD and future HEVC/UHD digital terrestrial broadcast in South East Asia. Establish, maintain and grow relationship with key stakeholders involved to promote use of Dolby technologies in terrestrial digital broadcast.
- Engage with Dolby's global Technology and Product Development teams to make recommendations on new business opportunities and the expansion of existing product and lines of business.
- Develop partnerships and work with Director of Technical Engineering to build technical readiness with key System Integrators to drive adoption of Dolby technologies in the broadcast and OTT industry.
- The individual will be expected to be a strong sales manager, to achieve desired performance and results.
- Provide quarterly updates on status and progress on deal flows.
- Able to travel internationally up to 70%.
- Deep Broadcast Pay TV Operator and Online OTT operator/Industry experience and relationships.
- A thorough knowledge of digital TV broadcast systems and mobile systems, end to end from ingest to home/mobile receiver, resulting from proven industry experience. Understanding of technologies used and drivers and technology trends in broadcasting and content delivery.
- Experience in long sales cycles, concept and solution selling.
- Techno-Commercial Competence, Experience & Demonstrated Results
- Strong sales skills and key account management skills
- Holds himself/herself accountable for delivering on goals and commitment.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong performance and leadership track record with an ability to drive success from a long-term view.
- Clear and Effective Communication Skills. Effective collaborator
- Strong cultural fit with Dolby's collaborative environment.
EXPERIENCE and Education :
- Min 8-10 years relevant industry experience with the necessary level of maturity required for the role.
- Well-networked in the broadcast and OTT space in South East Asia with an understanding and having existing relationships across television channels, cable operators, DTH TV operators, OTT services, Telco Operators, CE OEMs.
- Strong technical background and demonstrated experience in broadcast technology, OTT technology, connected devices audio/video technology or related industry.
- Commercially savvy with a proven track record in negotiating and closing deals.
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering, Marketing, or Business related degree or the equivalent in experience; past experience working in a multinational company would be an advantage.
- Understanding of technologies used and drivers and technology trends in media and content delivery.
- Ability to think and act strategically with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience driving projects to on-time completion.
- Strong track record on meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Must feel comfortable navigating through a complex organization. High ambiguity tolerance and comfort with matrix reporting.
- Must have strong, demonstrated, presentation skills to groups of all sizes and levels
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Have the ability to work without direct supervision, to priorities work and to work to deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential; written and verbal interactions with customers singly and in groups are a major part of the job.
- Excellent account management, time management, communications, decision making, interpersonal skills, presentation and organization skills. Professional appearance and presentation required.
Note: This position requires regular overseas travel and work outside normal hours.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top