Sr Manager, IP Counsel
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
At Dolby, IP is an integral part of our business and we're looking for someone who's passionate about all things IP to join our team! The ideal candidate will be a seasoned, entrepreneurial, and detail-oriented IP attorney with experience managing a global patents and trademark portfolio. This role would collaborate across the organization to advise internal stakeholders on various design and trademark matters. They will also have overall responsibility of internal and external patent and trademark operations, including managing a global team of patent and trademark professionals.
Based in our San Francisco headquarters, this role reports into our Chief Patent Counsel.
- Oversee Dolby's global portfolio of trademarks and design patents and manage outside counsel responsible for those portfolios
- Direct outside counsel in the opposition or cancellation of third-party trademarks
- Manage a global team of paralegals responsible for US patent filings
- Advise internal stakeholders on various intellectual property matters
- Provide information and training to internal groups regarding patent and trademark protection procedures and programs
- 6+ years of experience as a patent and trademark attorney in a top-tier law firm, in-house experience a plus
- J.D. (or equivalent) required
- Admission to the USPTO as a patent attorney
- Proactive and go getter attitude with ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple competing priorities under time-sensitive deadlines
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience in intellectual property licensing and litigation
- Management of global patent and trademark strategies
- Experience in managing a team
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top