Sr. Manager, Global Sales Compensation
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Sr. Manager, Global Sales Compensation will own the design, development, refinement and communication of sales compensation programs for Dolby’s global incentive plans. This role will also be responsible for process, analytics, and administration of sales incentive strategies, programs and systems. This role will partner with key constituents across Dolby on strategic sales compensation initiatives and projects, and partner with other Compensation and HR team members on broader compensation projects and programs as needed.
The ideal candidate is a Sales Compensation professional that has experience and also wants to engage in corporate compensation for a global, dynamic organization. This position will report into the Sr. Director, Global Compensation & Benefits and is based in our San Francisco office.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead all aspects of sales incentive compensation across Dolby’s various business lines from being a member of the strategy design team to be the lead on plan administration.
- Partner with key constituents across the organization: Sales, Sales Operations, HR, Finance and Legal.
- Partner with the Finance team to develop analytical tools and models to forecast and manage plan expense, and drive performance through prudent plan design, review and evaluation.
- Facilitate and coordinate goal setting process between business groups and sales leadership.
- Develop techniques for compiling and preparing data for senior management.
- Conduct market salary surveys on Dolby’s sales positions; collect and analyze market data and partner with compensation analyst to maintain data library; maintain and update position descriptions.
- Determine competitive position of Dolby’s salary range structure; develop recommendations for annual structure and budget adjustments to maintain internal and external equity in sales pay plans.
- Research best practices and recommend plan and program revisions and/or new plans that are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and Dolby’s objectives.
- Draft and communicate all plan documents, offer letter templates and sales incentive training materials.
- Accurately interpret, counsel, and educate sales representatives and managers on sales plan mechanics, policy and guideline interpretations and the use of spiffs.
- Manage sales incentive payment platform to ensure accurate and timely payment of sales incentive compensation, including the management of sales commission analyst.
- Identify and recommend process improvement and tool enhancements.
- Partner with key constituents across Dolby on strategic and cross functional projects and initiatives.
- As a member of the Compensation team, work on compensation projects as needed including annual focal review, job design and analysis and M&A activities.
Experience and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with comparable professional experience in business practices including experience leading the design, development and administration of sales incentive plans, ideally for a global company.
- Comparable experience with salary survey completion, interpretation and utilization.
- Sales compensation experience with a US multinational technology company strongly preferred.
- Team player with ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and be flexible in a fast-changing environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and collaboration skills.
- High attention to detail, a commitment to quality and a results driven and customer focused mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to work independently to achieve goals and tight deadlines while managing cross functional dependencies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Systems experience: Salesforce.com, Microsoft Excel and Callidus experience preferred.
- Strong Excel experience; solid MS Office experience.
- Prior experience leading and coaching professional team members required.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Back to top