Sr Licensing Sales Manager
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Reporting to the Head of the Global Licensing & Account Support Team, the Senior Licensing Manager is a member of the Global Licensing & Account Support Team representing Via in the PRC region. The Senior Licensing Manager, PRC is a recognized licensing leader who has a track record of closing licensing deals in PRC and has established contacts with relevant companies and resources to facilitate engagement with these entities. He or she is in charge of promoting the interests of Via and its partners in the region and is responsible to analyze, evaluate, and pursue new licensees for Via's licensing programs as well as conducting direct licensing negotiations with potential licensees and intellectual property infringers as the lead negotiator with support of team. The Senior Licensing Manager, PRC is in charge of supporting renewals of expiring agreements in the region and is accountable for licensing revenue generated from licensees established in PRC for all licensing programs of Via. He or she will work with President and Via leaders in the United States, Europe and Asia to provide PRC support for diverse areas of licensee/licensor activities, partnering opportunities, and new business development opportunities. The position is preferably based in Hong Kong and requires an individual with strong communication skills that can work autonomously and demonstrates excellent leadership capacity. The candidate must be a team player.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify, pursue and Leads closure of new licensing deals involving relevant Via resources within parameters imposed on Via by its Licensor partners and by relevant legal constraints
- Assume ownership of quarterly revenue targets for licensing programs in the region. Manage overall relationships with existing licensees.
- Provide feedback to Via licensing program managers as to the market response to Via's licensing offers.
- Represent Via in PRC and work with Via senior management and Via Teams globally to support strategic intellectual property deals
- Support licensing compliance and enforcement matters as necessary
- Provide support for running select licensing programs by following up and delivering on all commitments to licensees in the region as described in executed agreements. Assume lead role with all Via departments on making sure all operational aspects of licensing programs in the region are running as expected.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of licensing program(s) offered by the company by becoming familiar with all aspects of the assigned licensing programs' agreements and the technology that those programs license. Provide assistance to other licensing personnel within Via with respect to assigned licensing programs in outbound licensing activities.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with colleagues at headquarters to facilitate formulation and adoption of optimal strategies for licensing activities in the region.
- Conduct strategic technology/market/business research and develop licensing related recommendations in close collaboration with key internal (headquarters) colleagues and external resources.
- Develop and deliver appropriate communications, e.g., reports, memos, meetings, presentations, etc. to ensure that the Via management team is appropriately informed of all significant external regional specific events related to company business.
- Update and maintain status of licensing discussions up to date in the CRM system, Sales Force
- Make recommendations for tactical and strategic activities to improve licensee relationships and to allow the company to take advantage of opportunities.
- Support and attend as needed meetings of Licensors which may happen in PRC or abroad as necessary
- Work to develop and understand the licensee's perspective and convey these ideas to headquarters to help create and maintain excellence in the overall customer relationship.
- Assist headquarters personnel with administrative tasks related to internal operations, travel, internal and external meetings, licensing trips (licensee and licensor meetings), and communications with clients in the region.
- (30% on average) travel within the region may be required. Additionally, regular trips (2 or 3 per year) to San Francisco headquarters may be required.
- Is a native Mandarin Speaker
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills in English are essential. Proficiency in Cantonese would be a plus.
- Education: Strong academic background from a recognized university. Direct academic training in patents, copyrights and/or trademark law will be a positive factor, but is not essential depending on direct work experience in intellectual property licensing and enforcement.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in intellectual property licensing and related fields. Experience dealing with intellectual property infringers and/or reluctant licensees is important. Direct experience in with either patent licensing or anti-counterfeiting work involving copyrights or trade secrets would be highly desired.
- Experience and track record in closing cross-border licensing deals.
- Must have the ability to work successfully in a team environment with a diverse group of technical and business staff.
- Project management experience useful.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top