Sr Legal Counsel
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including experts in all aspects of corporate and IP law. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Sr Legal Counsel will advise internal Dolby clients on a broad variety of legal issues, with a focus on intellectual property licensing and commercial transactions. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial, detail-oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills, capable of driving progress on key initiatives while maintaining good relations with stakeholders across the company. This position will be based in Dolby's Beijing office.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare, draft and negotiate agreements with customers and vendors in the Greater China region, with a particular focus on intellecual property license agreements.
- Liaise with local counsel in the Greater China region.
- Collaborate with sales, finance and business units, as necessary, to support revenue and process transactions in accordance with corporate policies.
- Assist with enforcement matters regarding IP infringers and non-compliant licensees.
- Independently manages and completes projects from the legal department.
- Counsel the company's business, finance, license compliance, corporate marketing, design and development teams on a wide variety of licensing and local law issues.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of Dolby policies and procedures to internal and external customers.
- Set project time frames and priorities based on project objectives and ongoing assignments.
- Coordinate with Dolby's privacy, tax, finance, trade compliance, operations, and other subject matter experts.
- Law degree or equivalent and admission to practice law in China or the United States.
- At least 3-7 years of transactional legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house.
- Significant experience framing, negotiating and drafting large intellectual property licensing transactions.
- Comfortable as the primary legal adviser to multiple program and operational groups.
- Extremely high work quality and precision - able to resolve time sensitive issues with a high degree of precision and exhibit strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as an enthusiastic team member, with a strong sense of responsibility and follow-through.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent cross cultural skills.
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English required.
- Travel as necessary.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top