Sr Implementation Apps Engineer - Audio DSP
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
For the Engineer with a passion for audio technology and customer focused work, this is an amazing opportunity to step into Applications Engineering role. In this senior level position in SF, you will have the opportunity to showcase your breadth of audio codec and post processing knowledge, experience in the semiconductor world, and extraordinary customer support skills, by analyzing, resolving and recommending solutions to help our customers get the most out of Dolby's technologies.
- You will provide Tier1 support, serving as major customer facing window, to US and Europe based customers, to help them on questions on algorithm, source code and design requirement from our audio implementation development kit.
- You will also provide the cornerstone support to internal field technical teams to facilitate Dolby's technology licensing program using a diplomatic and professional approach.
- Support the evaluation and approval of customer's design by confirming the accuracy of test results and producing professional, accurate written reports that communicate the conformance of these implementations compared with the established requirements.
- Work regularly with multi-functional teams across Dolby as the "voice of the customer" providing feedback on and driving advancements to Dolby's products.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar and 3+ years of engineering experience in consumer electronics or related fields.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with multi-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Strong problem-solving abilities when working on complex technical problems.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to adapt communication approach in an astute manner in order to work and solve technical problems collectively across a wide range of skill levels, cultures and backgrounds.
- Impeccable integrity and the ability to handle situations involving complicated, high-pressure legal or business relationships, as well as sensitive, confidential information.
- Occasional international travel is required for this position.
- Some experience in a customer support role is highly desirable.
- Experience with C programming on embedded or DSP platform
- Solid knowledge on Digital Signal Processing for audio
- Related experience in several of the following areas:
- DSP algorithm porting, optimization and integration; Embedded Systems design; Software for embedded processors; DSP architectures and their multimedia frameworks; ARM toolchain; IP-based content delivery and playback products; Technology licensing.
- Audio codec (e.g. AAC, Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus etc).
- Knowledge of MPEG2-TS, MP4, adaptive streaming, HDMI interface is highly desirable.
- Understanding broadcast spec (DVB, ATSC, etc.), Blu-ray spec, IEC 60958/61937 spec is highly desirable.
- Interest in music, audio/video production, recording engineering, game/film audio or video highly desirable.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top