Sr. Financial Analyst
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for working in conjunction within the Finance team to provide financial management and financial support for all G&A functions (including but not limited to Legal, IP Protection, IT, Facilities, HR, and Finance). The role will be hands on in analyzing actual results and developing financial plans. This person will work to develop a thorough knowledge of the business areas that they support, will meet on a regular basis with cost center managers and functional VPs of other groups to analyze current results, discuss future plans and provide the necessary analysis and reports for the function heads.
- Analyze financial data, summarize, and provide a concise and meaningful narrative discussion of variances
- Act as main point of contact for business partners within the G&A operations to provide day to day finance support and perspective to develop accurate budgets and analyze actual results against forecast and Plan
- Maintain strong lines of communication with Finance Director and team to raise issues and identified trends in a timely manner
- Build strong working relationships with business partners with a proactive approach to stay attuned to changes in their respective functions
- Provide coaching and oversight to Financial Analysts on the team
- Create reports for management on a regular basis that provide insight into current quarter results compared to forecast and Plan
- Facilitate the preparation, reporting, and analysis of annual plans, quarterly forecasts, and quarterly estimates
- Assisting in the month-end close (i.e. accrual preparation, variance analysis, etc.)
- Developing ad hoc analyses and reports for management as requested
- Assist in developing financial models to support business decisions, significant transactions, and explore financial impacts of new & existing revenue opportunities
- Participates in the development of policies in the Finance organization to achieve strategic goals and objectives. Ensures consistency in approach across the Corporate groups
- Identifies areas of process improvement and propose solutions to optimize operations
- Degree in finance or accounting, CPA preferred.
- 3-6 years of finance experience.
- Proven ability to interpret financial data with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to identify trends and interpret data and translate into actionable information.
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to effectively communicate to senior level personnel either written or verbally.
- Curious and self- motivated individual
- Experience developing and analyzing financial models
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial theory.
- Proficient in Microsoft tools (Excel and Powerpoint)
- Team oriented and interpersonal skills (ability to collaborate cross functionally).
- Experience with SAP systems (specifically SAP EPM & BI) preferred.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top