Sr. Field Applications Engineer, Video Evaluation
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
For half a century, Dolby has led the way in developing innovative entertainment products and technologies used by consumers and professionals worldwide. Innovations from Dolby can be heard in consumer audio and video products, entertainment software, and professional sound applications, including music recording, broadcasting, and sound for motion pictures.
Now Dolby is defining High Dynamic Range (HDR) Imaging systems for delivering breath-taking experiences in the Cinema, in the home and on the go. Our long-standing commitment to research and development enables our focus to remain on solutions that work today and are prepared for the future. That's what keeps us on the leading edge of the industry.
This engineer evaluates and tests Dolby Video products using computers and specialized test instrument. Send results to licensees via formal engineering documentation. Good communication skills are necessary to interact with licensees and license applicants by email, by phone, and in person to provide needed information and technical support during consumer video product development.
Processes licensing paperwork related to tracking manufactured licensed products. Provide support to other groups at Dolby in developing tests, specifications, and new products/programs as the need arises.
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluate various Dolby video related products according to the documentation of test procedures and instructions from internal technical partners
- Provide technical support to customers by phone, email or on site.
- Technical communication with other partners at Dolby.
- Evaluate test cases, provide guidance to Dolby testers, get help form Dolby HQ if needed
- Maintain test setup includes hardware, software and combined environments.
- Perform and troubleshooting software installations.
- Organize and/or deliver internal and external technology presentation and demos as required.
- Provide feedback to Product Marketing, Product Management, Product Engineering, and Technical Support regarding system and product improvements and new product designs, and their priorities. Provide feedback based on customer input, industry experience, and internal objectives.
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment. Ability to understand and explain technical issues to technical and non-technical personnel.
Education, Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required
- BSEE or equivalent and 5+ years of experience in design or testing of audio / video or signal processing electronics. Requires familiarity with AV product applications and design.
- Familiar with the use of oscilloscope signal generator and colour analyser.
- Working experience on AV product testing or design (DTV, STB or Media Players).
- Knowledge of video quality, video signal processing is a plus.
- Experience of HDMI, LVDS, Vx1 and OTT.
- Experience with video codecs, and compression standards such as H.264, H.265 and HEVC. Knowledge of common video analysis tools, HDMI and video perceptual quality testing.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills and ability to work with both internal and external customers with wide range of knowledge and skill levels.
- 20%~30% travel is required.
- Exposure to Jira and Salesforce
- Experience with scripting languages Python, Perl or Bash.
- Expert knowledge of video technologies, television production and post-production workflows.
- Experience working with HLS, Smooth Streaming, Play Ready, MPEG-DASH, MP4 containers and ASF.
- Experience with high dynamic range video.
- Knowledge of Dolby's products, technologies and customers.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top