Sr Engineering Manager
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Senior Engineering Manager
At Dolby, we are creating spectacular user experiences at the intersection of science and art. Located in our San Francisco office, you will work with world class innovators in an environment that feature our top-tier laboratories and state-of-the-art equipment. As we continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment experiences we need the absolute best talent.
The name "Dolby" is synonymous with exceptional sound quality. Dolby audio technologies are embedded in a rich ecosystem of playback systems, from mobile devices to state-of-the-art cinemas. The content that feeds that ecosystem is created using a suite of professional products that empower sound mixers, editors and engineers around the globe to produce movies and episodic TV shows that we all enjoy. As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will be managing a San Francisco based software engineering team, that develops and maintains these professional products and technologies. Your role will involve working with product management to shape the product roadmap, developing and driving the execution of product development plans and schedules, and mentoring and growing a world-class software development team to meet the needs of a scaling business.
- Manage a team of software developers: empower senior talent and mentor junior talent
- Develop resource plans and grow a software development team over time
- Drive architectural planning, code reviews and engineering best practices
- Collaborate with product management to influence product roadmap
- Coordinate engineering activities between your team and internal stakeholders
- Stay abreast of strategic initiatives across the company
- Keep your team proactively engaged where their contributions can have maximal impact
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years experience managing software development teams
- Strong programming proficiency with C/C++ and at least two of the following:
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Scrum master/product owner experience a plus
- Experience with and/or conversant in most of following:
- Real-time audio signal processing
- Multi-threaded programming
- Networking and messaging protocols
- Audio and video capture, processing and streaming.
- Audio transport protocols
- Responsive UI design
- Interest in music creation and pro-audio technology
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top