Sr Engineer, CE Technology QA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including experts in evolving broadcast technology. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Senior Software Test Engineer in the Dolby QA group, the qualified candidate will test and automate software and hardware that enables the next generation of Dolby technologies. You will create the design of QA test environments as well as the design and execution of all tests needed.
• Design/develop the architecture and lead the implementation of a scalable, automated test framework targeted to test variety of Dolby Audio Products.
• Interact with QA team, Developers and others for manual and automation test planning and implementation.
• Maintain and enhance the in-house automation framework written in Python.
• Do test planning including test design (manual and automation), test coverage, test approach, resource requirements, scheduling, risk assessment, and report metrics.
• Hands-on development of test suites/test scripts and integration into continuous development and deployment systems.
- Design and implement test methods needed on assigned projects.
- Set up, configure and maintain software testing labs and environments.
- Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
- Anticipate and mitigate test and project issues.
- Produce and maintain useful and usable documentation of work including Test reports and metrics
- Stay abreast of industry software testing tools and best practices and make significant contributions to the development and deployment of new test technologies, tools or methods.
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years' experience in designing and developing automation frameworks
• Experience building at least one common automation framework using an object-oriented programming language.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with current software testing industry tools and best practices.
- Demonstrated skills in multiple test design techniques.
• Experience developing software automation for the Windows audio/video stack and solid understanding of DSP and audio encoding/decoding technologies.
- CI system experience, familiarity with various development environments (also building procedures on different OS: Win, Linux, Mac, embedded)
- Familiarity with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla.
- Proven experience testing in multiple software environments like Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.
- Experience in reading/writing C/C++ and unit testing, static code analysis & code coverage tools is preferred.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum is a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem solving.
• Experience in Cloud computing is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience testing Dolby or similar products in the audio domain is a significant plus.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top