Sr. Engineer, CE Technology
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, people inspired by the rapidly expanding world of consumer entertainment. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The person holding this position will be primarily responsible for developing multimedia framework and applications running on various platforms.
Production of Multimedia Playback Framework or Application on various OS:
Responsible for the development and implementation of software that will integrate Dolby's audio and video technologies within multimedia framework or players running on different platforms:
- Integrate core code developments into different frameworks or applications.
- Research and recommend platforms, solutions, development kits, etc.
- Evaluate and process multimedia content for proofing & demonstration
- Undertake and meet specific design and time objectives.
Code management, interaction, integration with Dolby core code base:
Understand and enforce rigorous "best practice" software architecture, planning, and development, ensure Dolby's high quality standard:
- Understand and track core code developments within Dolby.
- Manage and develop code within the development framework provided.
- Provide feedback on core code suitability to mobile platforms
- Design and conduct subjective and objective tests to verify that the software works as specified.
Reporting and Documentation:
Produce specifications and documentation to accompany engineering deliverables:
- Continually report progress to manager and other stakeholders.
- Document code structure and program functionality.
- Provide conceptual diagrams of frameworks or applications for marketing purposes.
Teamwork and Communications:
Motivating both self and peers to achieve company goals and objectives:
- Promote a positive work environment.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in working with others.
- Readily accept input from other team members.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written skills.
- Represent Dolby in a professional manner while attending trade shows, meetings, and other public events.
- Good international collaboration background.
- Provide up-to-date industry knowledge & analysis.
- Deliver continuous feedback from implementers, manufacturers, and partners.
- Communicate commercial imperatives to management.
- Provide input to product plans.
- Lead product development tasks.
Education, Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required:
- M.S. of Engineering or Science.
- 6+ years' development experience in mobile/tablet area (C/C++/Java).
- Solid and strong embedded experience of development/debugging on mobile devices.
- Experience in multimedia framework e.g. Stragefight/Nuplayer on Android and an understanding the underlying technologies (e.g. codecs, streaming) is a strong plus.
- Experience in ExoPlayer is a plus.
- Experience in app developing on Android or iOS is a plus.
- Experience in capture system like camera and encoding on Android or iOS is a plus.
- Strong object oriented software design skills.
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications.
- The ability to work unsupervised when required.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work towards strict timelines.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top