Sr. Electronics Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
In this position, you will be part of a diverse engineering team working with external customers, Dolby partners, and other internal Dolby teams to bring new audio experiences to new devices.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Electronics Engineer to work in an innovative environment designing, prototyping and developing novel amplifier and acoustic designs that will be used in millions of consumer products. The successful applicant will be working with a highly talented, cross-functional engineering team to bring world class audio products from concept to market.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work withexternal customers, Dolby partners, and other internal Dolby teams to bring new audio experiences to new devices
- Act as a technical leader who deeply understands the analog and digital electronic components of the audio subsystem of consumer products and contributes innovative solutions to problems in this area.
- High level of familiarity with audio amplifiers and codecs, especially class D amplifiers used in low-power devices.
- Integrate experience and deep technical knowledge
- Research and develop new electronic designs that optimally couple the audio amplifier and transducer in an audio system.
- Build and evaluate prototypes to demonstrate electronic designs
- Perform competitive product analysis and benchmarking
- Influence business strategy in audio system design.
- Synthesise business needs into engineering requirements at both a project and initiative level.
- Write and maintain detailed technical documentation to ensure longevity of design.
- Stay abreast of industry trends in amplifier design.
- Design and conduct subjective tests to verify the performance of audio systems.
- Educate and mentor team members in amplifier and electronic design.
- Bachelor degree or higher in acoustics or electrical/electronic engineering
- 3+ years' experience designing and developing electronics for the consumer market.
- Experience designing and integrating audio amplifiers.
- Proficiency using electronic modelling tools such as SPICE.
- Experience with electronic test equipment such as function generators and oscilloscopes.
- Proficiency using design tools such as Altium Designer.
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Problem solving and debugging skills.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top