Sr DSP Software Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
For this position, we invite applications from outstanding candidates for the role of Senior Engineer within the Enhanced Consumer Devices Technology Team.
This high performance team has been responsible for developing cutting edge technologies with worldwide impact, such as Dolby Audio and Dolby Atmos for Headphone.
This position will involve cutting edge development of new audio codec standards for 5G mobile phones which will appear in billions of devices around the world. These codecs will support advanced voice services, surround sound audio for movies, music, and Virtual Reality. The role will require the ability synthesise research to create engineering designs, specifications, prototypes and full implementations of audio processing technology. Applicants will require a background in audio technology, signal processing, excellent communication skills and a high level of motivation, initiative and self organisation.
Successful applicants MUST have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent;
- 5+ years software development experience in a commercial environment;
- 5+ years experience with C/C++ and Python.
- 2+ years experience developing audio processing applications; and
- Ability to work effectively as part of a geographically diverse team;
Highly regarded attributes:
- Higher degrees (Masters or PhD);
- Experience contributing to patenting and standardisation;
- Critical listening skills and/or audio/music related experience;
- Experience with embedded systems, real time operating systems, low-level processor architecture; and
- Knowledge of audio or speech codecs.
Key tools: Visual Studio, Matlab, common audio tools (sound forge etc), Linux, Python.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Jennine M.Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top