Sr. Dolby Vision Content Distribution Business Manager
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Summary Description We are looking for a strong leader to deliver Dolby Vision, the next generation consumer HDR Imaging experiences, to consumers. Avisionary, yet hands-on business and solution leader , youwill build the Dolby Vision content distribution ecosystem.
You will be responsible for enabling Dolby Vision through the multimedia content distribution partners with a large number of relevant content flowing through those partners. The content distribution partners include OTT providers such as Netflix, Amazon, Apple iTunes, Vudu, Tencent, and iQiyi, multiscreen video programming distributors (MVPD) such as Comcast and DirecTV, and other video service providers such as live broadcasters and potentially social media based video services.
As the business and solution owner for the content distribution ecosystem, you will be responsible for defining the solution strategies, identifying the ecosystem targets and goals, prioritizing and allocating resources, executing to develop and deliver the solutions, and leading the go-to-market strategy and execution for those content distribution partners. In doing so, you will work closely with Dolby's cross-functional marketing, sales, and technology teams.
We expect you to have greatcustomer-centric skills, and have experiences in adopting new technology and user experiences in the multimedia content distribution ecosystem. You must process strong business acumen with the expertise and knowledge of the content distribution ecosystem and the technologies that enable the content distribution ecosystem.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsbile for building the content distribution ecosystem with Dolby's HDR solution, Dolby Vision, with a goal of enabling key multimedia content distribution partners with Dolby Vision with right type and amount of content flowing through those content distribution partners.
- Own and manage the whole solution lifecycle for multimedia content distribution partners.
- Execising the cross-functional leadership, lead the strategic planning, goal definition, and resource prioritization.
- Working closely with Dolby's technology and product teams, take creative approach to create solutions that work best for target content distribution partners.
- Working closely with Dolby's sales and marketing team, develop compelling product positioning, messaging, and value proposition for the content distribution partners.
- Develop go-to-market strategies and provide ongoing solution support to field and regions that includes business deals, workflow enablement, content enablement, and content service launch on target devices.
- Responsible for the result of the whole content distribution enablement effots.
- Dolby's business and product representative for the partners and customers in content distribution industry.
- Work closely with customers and partners to identify and solve customer and partner's problems and needs.
- Serve as primary product evangelist. Evangelize Dolby's solutions to customers, partners, and analysts
- Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education Requirements
- Track record of creating and growing a successful business in or with multimedia content distribution partners.
- Proven experience in managing across the complete solution lifecycle, from initial concept to end-of-life
- Deep knowledge of multimedia content distribution ecosystem. Good understanding of HDR video and Dolby's products and technology is a plus.
- Strong leadership, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Must have a strong public presence with the talent to present.
- Ability to work independently and lead collaboratively diverse teams, both functionally and geographically.
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas. International travel and work experience desirable.
- Bachelor's degree required.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top