Sr. Director Corporate Development and Strategy
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Sr. Director of Corporate Development & Strategy will be responsible for the strategic planning process, working closely with the CEO and other executives to help Dolby’s businesses develop and communicate strategies that align with Dolby’s overall objective of delivering spectacular audio, video and voice technologies that transform entertainment & communications. Furthermore, this person will manage the M&A function, focusing on analyzing and assessing M&A opportunities, and executing on those that the company decides to pursue. The position offers the opportunity to focus on addressing a broad array of key strategic areas of growth for the company and provides an excellent platform to play a prominent role in shaping the future of one of the most exciting companies in the Audio and Imaging landscape. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and thought-leader with a proven track record in leading strategic investment, acquisition integration and growth creation.
- Work with the CEO to drive the strategic planning process, regularly assessing our company-wide portfolio of opportunities, and guiding the flow of resources to those opportunities that best support our corporate objectives
- Partner with business leaders to understand their business unit/initiative mission and assist them with the development of strategies that clearly align with Dolby’s overall corporate strategy
- Develop and share knowledge of macro industry trends, competitive analysis, to enable informed executive decision-making
- Routinely monitor company’s progress across business initiatives against near-term and long-term goals and objectives
- Monitor the company’s progress of various early-stage projects against set milestones
- Help business groups identify, analyze, and assess opportunities that advance their strategic objectives through M&A activities;
- Apply sound business judgment and understanding of Dolby’s strategic objectives to source and identify M&A opportunities
- Manage the coordination of large or complex transactions, establishing alignment across internal functions and external resources such as outside legal counsel, consulting and accounting teams
- Responsible for engaging with M&A targets and negotiating transaction terms with appropriate input and coordination from business groups and executive leadership
- Work with executive leadership to develop materials for board of directors meetings
- Ad-hoc projects
- Train and mentor staff
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of post-MBA Corporate Development, Investment Banking or Strategy experience, preferably in the technology industry
- Experience in executing complex transactions; engaging with targets, bankers, attorneys, consultants, and internal stakeholders
- Experience in corporate strategy with a high growth technology company and/or at top tier management consulting firm preferred; experience driving long term strategic planning projects
- Ability to operate at highest level of strategic thought and also be highly reliable at lowest level of detail. Hands on mindset.
- Ability to leverage experience and observations to fairly assess opportunities with reference to market trends, business strategy, and product pipelines to influence decisions and provide thoughtful and clear guidance across a wide range of topics;
- Ability to coach and mentor staff; views developing others as a key priority
- Well-balanced blend of analytical skills, strategic thinking, planning, process management and collaboration
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, and the ability to drive results thru influence
- Solid network of industry relationships
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top