Sr. Director, Compensation & Benefits
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby Laboratories has approximately 2,000 employees and operates in 23 countries around the world. The Sr. Leader of Compensation and Benefits will be responsible for designing and managing Dolby’s total rewards programs globally, including executive and non-executive base salary, bonus and equity plans, benefits and employee wellbeing programs. Provide guidance and leadership to compensation and benefits team.
- Design and manage base pay, bonus, sales compensation and equity programs for executives and broad-based employees.
- Regularly assess compensation offerings to ensure they remain competitive and aligned with business objectives. Partner with Legal to monitor regulatory landscape and ensure ongoing compliance globally.
- Prepare and present materials regarding executive compensation and equity programs to Board’s Compensation Committee; partner with external consultant, SVP HR, CEO, Legal and other key stakeholder to prepare recommendations.
- Provide guidance and leadership to compensation team. Manage a team of compensation professionals that perform the market analysis to design the salary grade structure, recommend base increase budgets and base pay increase guidelines. Additionally, the compensation staff is responsible for the design and implementation of the executive and non-executive bonus and equity programs (including market analysis and budgets).
- Design and determine funding, equity vehicles (mix of options, RSUs, Performance Shares) and methods to distribute bonus and equity to organizations and employees.
- Lead and manage global annual focal rewards program.
- Lead Sales Compensation program design and administration.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on M&A activity.
- Provide education to HR, management and employees on our compensation offerings.
- Design and manage global benefits and wellbeing plans, promote employee understanding and engagement, and ensure ongoing legal compliance.
- Oversee new country plan design and global benefit plan renewals and enhancements for 20+ countries, including US Healthcare Reform / ACA compliance.
- Develop recommendations and secure stakeholder buy-in for global employee wellbeing efforts. Lead cross-functional regional teams to design and rollout global and site-specific offerings supporting physical, mental, financial, and community wellbeing.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10+ years of experience in broad-based compensation, executive, and incentive plan strategy, design, and administration; MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- Candidates must demonstrate good judgment, strong business acumen, effective influencing and leadership skills. Candidates must also have key technical skills including project management, program management, and strong assessment and analytical skills.
- The ideal candidate must be a team player that can demonstrate a proven expertise in collaboration across all HR functions and organizational and geographical boundaries.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A proven team builder. The successful candidate should have a track record of leading and developing strong teams and be committed to aligning resources effectively.
- Experience working with public company boards and/or Compensation Committees is required.
- Prior experience working in a global technology company is preferred.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top