Sr Build and Release Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
This role places a heavy emphasis on both developing complex build/deployment systems and providing support to a large community of developers and testers. The ideal candidate will be someone who's passionate about developing software the right way and knows how to maximize efficiency within the SDLC through automation. A keen eye towards troubleshooting and solving problems is paramount. You will design and develop features for build and test and deployment systems; perform maintenance and troubleshooting of continuous build/deployment systems; work to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the build and test systems; work across functional (development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure) and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems; automate wherever feasible.
This role proactively communicates with the team; proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes, contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations, defining and implementing Continuous Integration practices across disparate product groups in Dolby's regional development centers in Europe, Pacific Region and North America.
You will be part of the team responsible for building, releasing, automating and configuring changes through all stages of the build and release cycle. You should have a solid foundation in build and release theory such as branching and merging, traceability, repeatability, and configuration management as well as the consulting and communication skills needed to interact and build automation consensus across teams. You will architect, enable and maintain CI based tools /technologies that will make Dolby Build, Release and CM processes more efficient, reliable, and cost effective.
Job Functions and Competencies
• Design and develop Enterprise level Continuous Integration Environment for Build and Test systems.
• Liaise with other team members and engineering users to understand needs and issues and communicate clearly to deliver fixes and enhancements to infrastructure.
• Customer-focused and highly responsive to stakeholder issues and concerns.
• Create new and maintain existing build automation and regression testing configurations
• Ability to drive cross functional projects that impact global development teams.
• You need to have a thorough understanding of Product and Software Life Cycles, including Waterfall, Agile, and hybrid models
• Develop an overall plan for processes and tools with the intent of creating a well-integrated build and release system.
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Automation Tools is required.
Skills, Education and Attribute Competencies
• 5 years of proven CI Automation experience in the software electronics industry, although hardware experience is highly beneficial.
• BS degree in Computer Science or Software engineering
• Hands-on experience with complex build systems
• Expert knowledge of the following: Python
• Experience with of source control management systems (i.e. Perforce/Git) and code branching/merging strategies
• Expertise with setting up and maintenance of continuous integration agents: virtual and physical servers and embedded system boards.
• Experience with operating System configuration and administration: Linux, Windows, Mac.
• Experience with managing on demand instances with VMWare and/or AWS Technologies
• Experience with software that enables automatic provisioning and deployment like Docker and/or Ansible
• Familiarity with embedded system boards. For example, Panda, Beagle, ARM boards with FPGA.
• Familiarity with unit testing and code-coverage tools
• Expertise with build automation tools ( Jenkins, Bamboo, Electric Commander, GitLab CI)
• Familiarity with functional test automation techniques and tools
• Some experience with SQL and relational databases administration (i.e. Oracle, MySQL)
• Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
• Build automation experience across multiple platforms such as Linux, Windows, Mac and embedded operating systems.
• Ability to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing
• Ability to work with diverse group of people, effectively balance competing priorities, and meet tight timelines.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top