Sr. Backend Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
We are building a new and high-visibility self-service API experience that will bring Dolby's innovations to new and existing customers. Are you excited to shape a new era for Dolby and be at the forefront of technology hitting developers' hands? We're looking for people to help us forge a new direction for our products & technology.
This is a senior technical contributor and developer role which requires deep knowledge of web architecture, infrastructure, development, protocols, security, and continuous integration & deployment. You will build new functionality, increase scale, and deliver quality work against technical and schedule challenges in an agile environment while following strong software design and process principles to meet our customer demands. You will be working with talented engineers on cutting-edge technologies while continually growing your skills as an engineer.
We are looking for someone who can work well in a startup within an organization and can bring flexibility, speed, and quality to our team. You should have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development as well as a deep understanding of best practices in various languages and technologies. Additionally, you should be passionate about and take great personal pride in building cool interfaces for other developers to use.
If you are an expert at designing, developing, and deploying web services, and like to be challenged, this is the perfect opportunity for you to help define this exciting new field for Dolby.
Key requirements & attributes for successful applicants include:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable field.
- 4+ years' professional experience designing, developing & deploying commercial, scalable, and secure web services.
- Proficiency using Java development technologies including Spring, Spring Boot and Maven.
- Proficiency with Linux, Bash, and Git.
- Clear understanding and emphasis on design, reliability and maintainability of code.
- 2+ years' professional experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and/or Azure.
- Professional experience with REST API design & development in a CI/CD environment.
- Experience with media-based services (audio/video media ingest and distribution) is desirable.
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top