Sr. Audio Systems Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, people inspired by the rapidly expanding world of electronic media. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As an Audio Systems Engineer in the Dolby CEG group, the qualified candidate will contribute to development of audio subsystems and system development materials used by Dolby licensees based on a new generation of Dolby technologies.
- Contribute to the development of complete audio subsystems for consumer entertainment products such as televisions, sound bars, PCs, etc.
- Contribute to design and documentation of customer-facing tests which verify that Dolby technologies are properly integrated.
- Review system architectures; contribute to definition of requirements for integrating Dolby technologies into consumer entertainment playback products.
- Assist in prototyping complete audio subsystems for consumer entertainment products such as televisions, sound bars, PCs, etc.
- Assist in module level definitions for amplifier, transducers, transducer modules
- Assist in building electroacoustic reference designs, proof of concept designs, and demonstration platforms
- Measure electroacoustic performance of transducers, transducer modules, system level integration of modules
- Tune and optimize the acoustic performance of reference designs, demo platforms, using a variety of internal and external DSP tools.
- Debug system issues by determining if problems exist in hardware or software.
- Provides technical support for Consumer Entertainment Group initiatives.
- Collaborate with technical writers to produce customer-facing technical documentation.
- Setup, configure, and maintain labs and test environments.
- Stay abreast of industry product design trends and best practices
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in audio related industries
- Ability to perform basic programming and modification of software code
- Understanding of audio transducer and amplifier operation
- Understanding of DSP as related to audio processing
- Experience with development, set-up, and execution of acoustic measurements on speakers and other audio devices.
- Familiarity with acoustic measurement tools and methods.
- Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Experience with consumer audio systems such as TVs, AVRs, sound bars, etc. is preferred.
- Test automation and scripting experience is preferred
- Experience with Audio Precision test systems is preferred.
- Passion/enthusiasm for audio and video entertainment technologies is a significant plus
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top