Sr. Architect, Dolby Cinema
As the Senior Dolby Cinema Architect, the ideal candidate should be a seasoned architect with strong Cinema, Commercial building design project experience who can work with the Lead Architect to make a direct and visible impact in designing and deploying Dolby Cinemas worldwide. The candidate will work closely with our technical and creative teams to understand and advocate for client needs and meet Dolby Cinema standards from project concept through execution, and will collaborate with the clients project architects to develop architectural and design plans to meet specific project needs.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with architectural site evaluation process and develop a standard layout / document set for this purpose. Produce site evaluation report to meet business engagement timetable.
- Collaborate on process to create, implement and update a customizable Dolby Cinema document set, which includes all of elements that will be required by the exhibitor’s architect to enable the construction or upgrade of a cinema to become a Dolby Cinema.
- Provide design and architectural support to the Dolby team and the exhibitor’s architect throughout the entire process of successfully implementing the Dolby Cinema offering, from the design phase all the way to opening. Based on the deployment schedule, engage with architectural firms that have commercial cinema expertise, and train, coordinate with them to expand capacity to support the deployment plan.
- Working in concert with Dolby’s project manager and Lead Architect for the site, manage the relationship with the exhibitor’s local architects and local construction teams to guard and protect Dolby Cinema design, brand, schedule, and budget
- Provide real-world feedback to internal stakeholders, to help identify potential needs for updates to the Dolby Cinema specs, or general offering. Update internal documents, procedures as appropriate. Setup document libraries and SOP’s.
KEY ATTRIBUTES and REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate must be growth-oriented, have a broad and successful architectural design portfolio, with a strong focus on the cinema business. He or she should have established relationships and understanding of both the realities of the cinema business and Dolby’s history in that business. He/she should be a good team player and capable of working with diverse multi-functional teams, across different time zones around the world.
Critical Competencies for Success
- 5-7 years of architectural design and/or other relevant industry experience, including significant experience with interior and exterior commercial cinema projects.
- Experience successfully managing complex projects, with multiple stakeholders both internal and external.
- Ideally have managed or have successfully led project teams (significant new build or retrofit cinema projects)
- Technical expertise including knowledge of:
- ADA interior, exterior upgrade and site requirements
- Seismic building codes
- Outstanding customer facing skills and the ability to interact with internal Marketing and Sales teams
- Construction knowledge and experience
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Robust organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail
- Committed to quality, with a low tolerance for accepting ‘good enough’
- Excellent program and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting specific deadlines
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Communicative and transparent
- Out-of-the-box thinker, ability to roll up sleeves and work
- Self-motivated with an ability to maintain high standards and results while working independently
- Naturally able to network, build and maintain relationships
- High-ambiguity tolerance
- Diplomatic and able to execute in a dynamic deadline driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft AutoCAD, Photoshop, MS Word
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top